Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll post this in the sell or swap section as well. I wanted to post it here too because we ALL know what a pain in the balls it is to ship a motorcycle. I'm sellin' the Meanie.

2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
I have to check on the mileage - still ridin' the sh!t out of it. :)
It's fuel injected, in great shape, mostly new tires, no dents, no dings, never been down.
It comes with a reaper fender for the front, a full size easy-on easy-off windshield, luggage rack, and passenger back rest.
All the tools are in the tool box and everything works - all lights, brakes, levers, switches, even the self-canceling turn signals work. There is nothing wrong with this bike. The color is candy gold spark, it's like a deeper burnt orange. I get talked up in traffic all the time and people often ask about the color - she's a head turner for sure.

I'm asking $4500 which is more than fair. That said, I'm open to negotiations as long as low balling is not part of your negotiation strategy. "Why are you selling the Meanie Mike, you LOVE that bike!" I know I know - but I'm looking to get either get a Victory or an Indian and I don't want 2 motorcycles in the garage at the same time. I figured I'd give my buddies here first crack at her. :motorcycl

You can hit me up here if interested: [email protected]
You can also PM me anytime. Here are a couple pics, just ignore the scrawny tool-shed in the second one:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Why are you selling the meanie?
Don't tell me the wife made you sell it.....unless you are getting another bike.

I will ask around and let you know if anyone local is interested. I know you, and I know you take good care of your bike, so no doubt the bike is in great shape and would be a good deal for anyone to buy it.

·
2,520 Posts
Too bad it isn't Blue....
I really like the Meanie, almost got one instead of my 900. Good luck, should be an easy sell this time of the year.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Do you also have the sport bike still? I can understand going for the Victory as I hoepe to do the same at some point this season. I believe the Victory would be much better for 2 up riding besides. Good luck.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts
Like I said in the other post,if every member gave me one dollar,I could buy it with no problem. If I had the money,I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've wanted a meanie for a while.but Victory makes a good bike.my buddy Bob loves his.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post this in the sell or swap section as well. I wanted to post it here too because we ALL know what a pain in the balls it is to ship a motorcycle. I'm sellin' the Meanie.

2002 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
I have to check on the mileage - still ridin' the sh!t out of it. :)
It's fuel injected, in great shape, mostly new tires, no dents, no dings, never been down.
It comes with a reaper fender for the front, a full size easy-on easy-off windshield, luggage rack, and passenger back rest.
All the tools are in the tool box and everything works - all lights, brakes, levers, switches, even the self-canceling turn signals work. There is nothing wrong with this bike. The color is candy gold spark, it's like a deeper burnt orange. I get talked up in traffic all the time and people often ask about the color - she's a head turner for sure.

I'm asking $4500 which is more than fair. That said, I'm open to negotiations as long as low balling is not part of your negotiation strategy. "Why are you selling the Meanie Mike, you LOVE that bike!" I know I know - but I'm looking to get either get a Victory or an Indian and I don't want 2 motorcycles in the garage at the same time. I figured I'd give my buddies here first crack at her. :motorcycl

You can hit me up here if interested: [email protected]
You can also PM me anytime. Here are a couple pics, just ignore the scrawny tool-shed in the second one:
Why are you selling the meanie?
Don't tell me the wife made you sell it.....unless you are getting another bike.

I will ask around and let you know if anyone local is interested. I know you, and I know you take good care of your bike, so no doubt the bike is in great shape and would be a good deal for anyone to buy it.
Uh, dude? ;) Thank you for asking around, I really appreciate that. I know you too and any friend of yours... :D

Do you also have the sport bike still? I can understand going for the Victory as I hoepe to do the same at some point this season. I believe the Victory would be much better for 2 up riding besides. Good luck.
I do not still have the sportbike. I sold that to my twin brother who gave it to his wife for her birthday.

Do you mean the Victory will be better for 2 up riding compared to the VN750 or compared to the Meanie? I assume you mean compared to the VN750 but I'm just curious, maybe you know something about the Victory's 2 up capabilities that I don't know...

Like I said in the other post,if every member gave me one dollar,I could buy it with no problem. If I had the money,I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've wanted a meanie for a while.but Victory makes a good bike.my buddy Bob loves his.
Pics? And like I said, I'll send ya 10 bucks! :D How 'bout it - anybody else want to contribute to the "Get Doc a bike that actually runs so he doesn't have to ride a non-motorized bike to work in a foot of snow, fund?" ;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'll kick in $2.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
....I do not still have the sportbike. I sold that to my twin brother who gave it to his wife for her birthday.

Do you mean the Victory will be better for 2 up riding compared to the VN750 or compared to the Meanie? I assume you mean compared to the VN750 but I'm just curious, maybe you know something about the Victory's 2 up capabilities that I don't know...
Now I think I remember you mentioning the selling of the sport bike to your twin.

I have no real hard evidence to quote on the 2 up capabilities of the Victory directly over the Meanie or the 750 but from my test rides of the Victories and talking to several Victory owners I am told that Victory's are very strong and comfortable with reserve power to spare for 2 up riding. The comfort level is also suppose to be pretty high. I love the feel of the full size models in the touring group. I am still looking to trade my 750 soon and move up to a Victory this season. Starting in 2012 they went with the 106 cubic inch motor with a 6 speed trans. I am totally hooked on the capibilities of the Victory and may even consider taking passengers on that but I will never do it on the 750 although I know it is very cabable of doing so. There is just a very different feel with the Victory. Much more solid and balanced ride in my personal opinion.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts
My friend Bob is about 6'5" and about 250-260.his ole lady Becca is about 95 lbs.of crazy Texan fury(Luvs ya Becca)and his Victory pulls em both fine

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Anybody want a slightly used kidney?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts
I've got a VERY used liver...wanna trade?I've tapped my kidneys a few too many times

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Now I think I remember you mentioning the selling of the sport bike to your twin.

I have no real hard evidence to quote on the 2 up capabilities of the Victory directly over the Meanie or the 750 but from my test rides of the Victories and talking to several Victory owners I am told that Victory's are very strong and comfortable with reserve power to spare for 2 up riding. The comfort level is also suppose to be pretty high. I love the feel of the full size models in the touring group. I am still looking to trade my 750 soon and move up to a Victory this season. Starting in 2012 they went with the 106 cubic inch motor with a 6 speed trans. I am totally hooked on the capibilities of the Victory and may even consider taking passengers on that but I will never do it on the 750 although I know it is very cabable of doing so. There is just a very different feel with the Victory. Much more solid and balanced ride in my personal opinion.
Good to know Tom, thanks. I know the Indians are a little bit more expensive than Victorys and the wife and I are buying a house soon so it makes sense to stick with the Victory for now. Tom, if we can agree on a solid confirmed date and time, there is a Victory dealership about 10 minutes from where I live. It might be worth while to stop by, check out the inventory, and get a few questions answered. If memory serves, they're also now an Indian dealership. Unless you already did that on your test rides of course. Just throwin' it out there. :D

My friend Bob is about 6'5" and about 250-260.his ole lady Becca is about 95 lbs.of crazy Texan fury(Luvs ya Becca)and his Victory pulls em both fine
Awesome. I'm sure my buck 85 and her buck 5 will be no problem for it. :beerchug:

Anybody want a slightly used kidney?
How many miles are on it? Can I get more or less for a Mexican kidney on the black market? Better yet, sell your own kidney, give me the cash, and I ride the Meanie over to you. It'll just have 17k on the clock by then instead of 14. ;)

I'll kick in $2.
Now were talking. The "Doc Pot" is up to 12 bucks; only 4,488 left to go. Who's up next? :rockon:

I've got a VERY used liver...wanna trade?I've tapped my kidneys a few too many times
That might be worth 5, 10 bucks. Tell ya what, I'll give you 30 for it if you make it a back up liver for my liver. :D

So after last nights ride, Her Meanness has 14,827 miles on her. I won't say they've all been easy miles, they haven't been. But I will say most of them have been easy miles. Sometimes you just gotta get out there, put some deep bank in the turns, and ride the sh!t out of her. But she's in great shape. :motorcycl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts