Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, because I thought I'd try to get it just now via the NYS DMV webpage for getting a personalized plate, and it looks like it's already taken. However, the very similar "VN75O" (letter 'O' instead of the numeral '0') was available, so I put in for it. Assuming I get it, I hope someone out there doesn't start getting mail about parking tickets meant for me, or vice versa!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Not mine.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Just wondering, because I thought I'd try to get it just now via the NYS DMV webpage for getting a personalized plate, and it looks like it's already taken. However, the very similar "VN75O" (letter 'O' instead of the numeral '0') was available, so I put in for it. Assuming I get it, I hope someone out there doesn't start getting mail about parking tickets meant for me, or vice versa!
You may not be able to get "VN 750". But you might want to try the lesser (yet still acceptable) version: "750 VN".

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I read a story some time ago about a guy who got vanity plates that read "NO PLATES". He gave it up shortly thereafter because he was getting tickets in the mail every day, made out by the LEO to "NO PLATES" in the space for the licence plate number.:doh: Be very careful if you choose vanity plates, for the very reasons robardin gives above.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read a story some time ago about a guy who got vanity plates that read "NO PLATES". He gave it up shortly thereafter because he was getting tickets in the mail every day ...
Best(?) vanity plate I ever saw was on a fire engine red Corvette, illegally parked all by itself (with no company) in front of an office building in Manhattan with an NO STANDING area along the entire street, and the vanity plate "NO COPS".

This was in Greenwich Village in the late 1980s and I've always suspected it was actually part of a movie shoot of some kind. (In about the same time frame, I saw Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan under the Washington Square Arch shooting what I would later discover to be a key scene in the movie When Harry Met Sally.)

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
Not mine. I have veteran plates.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not mine. I have veteran plates.
Especially on this day, I thank you for your service to our country.

That said -- I didn't know one could get "logo" motorcycle plates in NY State... Or is there a special category for Veteran plates?

·
Expert Advice Giver
152 Posts
Show Your Vanity (tag)

It's not mine. Mine is "VULKAN" and issued in NC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts