Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Vulcan on ebay last night that has highway peg mounts similar to what they make for Harleys. I sent him an email asking him where he got the mounting plates from and his reply wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Does anybody know where to get something like this?

If I was still pipefitting I could just make some for myself, but I don't have access to the tools any more. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-Vulcan-Vulcan-2003-Kawasaki-Vulcan-VN-750-nice-shape_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50020QQihZ003QQitemZ130137800051QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Do they look like this,

I make them.

·
Registered
553 Posts
The ones on ebay look like the ones that guy came on here and tried to sell last year. Yours look better.Say, you don't make them for the 900 by chance do you?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Havent looked at a 900, I would have to have one to measure and try.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Got to agree with Woody,Chad's look better!!!!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I sell the Brackets shiupped for $70, You supply the pegs.
There are to many types of pegs to choose from for me to pick for you.
You can get them from $30 to $300 all in your choice.
I also have Floorboards to FOR $70 Shipped.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
CC - ya gunna send the dogs after me if I do a halfass copy of yer design?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
No, some people don't have the ability to do metal work so I offer them for a reasonable price.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
No, some people don't have the ability to do metal work so I offer them for a reasonable price.
Teehee... neither do I - But that doesn't mean I won't try <g>. Figured I'd check here before starting to modify your design in my head (or outright stealing it).

My metalcrafts look like crap but hey - they're cheap to make and I can say I made it <g>.

So when I give credit - I.E. "CCspinner style..." whadda I call these things?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Highway Peg Brackets

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which pegs do you have on your brackets Chad?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I got a cheep set for $20, then I used a Socket for a spacer and longer bolts.
Hay I am a Mechanic so the socket works:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nice! Beats buying an engine guard just so I could add hwy pegs. What else can you fab up? Tail rack? Radiator cover?

·
Registered
50 Posts
One other question, are your brackets out there far enough to stretch your legs? Is it possible to go farther? Just wondering, your avatar pic looks like maybe you can't go any farther without gettin your toes stuck in the spokes.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
If I am on the pegs you really don't turn the wheel much, I have not the tire when I do any turns. Here is a better picture.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks, looks pretty comfortable. That back rest prolly helps when you get your feet up that far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts