Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a different fender on my old girl. I like the look of the nomad fender and figured that I'd go that route if it would fit without a bunch of fabrication/alteration. I know that the mounting points will be different and won't have an issue dealing with that, but the big thing is the width of the fender. Anybody know?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'm thinking about putting a different fender on my old girl. I like the look of the nomad fender and figured that I'd go that route if it would fit without a bunch of fabrication/alteration. I know that the mounting points will be different and won't have an issue dealing with that, but the big thing is the width of the fender. Anybody know?

it is around 8 1/2 to 9 inches wide as best a can measure where it goes between the frame struts.I did see someone on here cut the front to go over the frame and covered up the frame and bolted it on from the outside or that could have been a Harley fender,I can't remember for sure but it can be done.look for a used HD Fatboy rear too they are basically the same profile but the Nomad/Classic rear fender flares out more at the bottom when viewed from the rear and makes your tire look skinnier.

I didn't see this earlier or I would have gotten a measurement sooner for you.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries, I appreciate you checking. The tire width wouldn't be as big an issue, I'm running a 170, but unfortunately It's a little wide. I ought to ask Mercury how wide the fender on his drifter is. The profile is similar to the nomad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts