Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few inquiries I've had about my luggage racks have all had the same deal breaker:
You lose the stock tool box if you use my rack.

No ifs ands or buts, you can't keep the stock box it won't fit. Please consider this before you ask about one. I am working on a custom toolbox that will go with my rack, I just haven't perfected it yet. I have a working prototype but it isnt as nice looking as I'd like.

So please remember that if you are interested in my luggage racks that you can't keep the stock toolbox with it.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Can you provide some pics when you get a chance? Bozchick is looking for a rack.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already talked to her...that's one of those recent inquiries I mentioned lol.

There are pics in my album for anyone who is interested.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Gotcha, :smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's always an option, but it isnt for everybody. I just wanted to put this out there and make people aware so they (and I) don't get excited and then disappointed.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
i lost my factory tools out of the stock enclosure on a long ride. plus it was too small anyways. your rack is solidly built and will outlast the factory one

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
M_Angel, is there a way that a guy could mod your rack brackets or the stock tool box to make them work together?
I don't have a stock tool box to try my ideas on...

I think I see why the stock tool box doesn't work... your support brace doesn't allow the toolbox to sit inside the seat rails. I might have a solution for ya.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM sent. You have sort of identified the issue. Its really easier said than done.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
PM Received... I know what you are saying, but I think I saw the solution, just need the stuff we talked about in your pm, so I can make sure that what I am seeing in my head is actually feasible or not.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol like I said I just want all the facts out there so I don't have to get excited about the prospect of a little extra money coming in. I'm still working on an acceptable replacement toolbox that works with my rack.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Interested!!

Hey how are you doing on the luggage rack?Looking for a "bolt on" for my 750cc so I can put a "trunk" on it.Thanks!:cool:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 17 of 17 Posts