Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an old motorcycle gas tank they're not using? I want to practice painting it. I'm checking ebay and Craig's, figured I'd ask here as well. Thanks for any help! :beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
I have one. Has a dent in the right side.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have one in Jersey liberty. I'm in north jersey

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It's off the 750. You just want it to paint and stuff right? Because it has tiny pin holes all in the bottom. Tank was shot when I bought the bike. It's been sitting out in the snow. No charge if you want it

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's not to far away. Would make that trip on bike anyway. Maybe Wednesdays since they serve sloppy joes lol

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Is this a great place or what? A free tank and lunch with a great bunch of bikers. By the way, I was going to ship it free and put a $50 bill in too! Oh well...;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
You all are a great bunch of people and it's been a honor to share membership with all of you

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
lol birdhunter, you have another tank? I bought the one on my bike off of you. You stock piling? Haha

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
lol birdhunter, you have another tank? I bought the one on my bike off of you. You stock piling? Haha
Yep. That's why I sold the other one. :motorcycl

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
It's off the 750. You just want it to paint and stuff right? Because it has tiny pin holes all in the bottom. Tank was shot when I bought the bike. It's been sitting out in the snow. No charge if you want it
Perfect I'll take it, thank you very much! Any chance you're around on weekends? My next couple are booked but I should be ok after that...

See ?...there ya go....ye get to come up here by us finally, get a tank fer nuttin, but ya gotta buy Nitro lunch at Big John's on Old 23...Id meet ya there too, lol, natch....bet KC and Merc would come too....

http://www.bigjohnspub.net/
That's not to far away. Would make that trip on bike anyway. Maybe Wednesdays since they serve sloppy joes lol
And if we want to turn it into a lunch, I'm cool with that too. I definitely can't do Wednesday's though. :)

Is this a great place or what? A free tank and lunch with a great bunch of bikers. By the way, I was going to ship it free and put a $50 bill in too! Oh well...;)
I'd say come join us but ahhhh, you're a bit far. Thank you for responding and for offering me the tank, I really appreciate it. :D

You all are a great bunch of people and it's been a honor to share membership with all of you
Backatcha brother! You're a bit far as well but of course you're more than welcome. :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'm good on weekends. Out of work right now do I'm good most anyday lol. Just let me know

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry you're out of work man, that sucks. I will let you know here that way if anyone else wants to join they can. Thanks again, I really appreciate you offerin'...

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I need an old tank!!!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Was almost 50 today, and gonna be over 50 this Sat and Sun....the start of ridin season's almost here...

By the way, I was going to ship it free and put a $50 bill in too!
Why dont ya save that $50 and come summer, use it fer gas to take a ride out this way, lol.... ;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts