Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone, anyone located in the Rochester area like to ride? I live there FT but I make trips to Lake George all the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Near Utica. I picked up my bike in Central Square.

I lived out in Rochester for about 15 mins once. Well it was actually about 2 weeks. Went for work, got another offer and headed to Albany. I ended up hating that damn job tremendously. Then came back home here and have been here ever since (6+ years since).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big, I was just in Utica yesterday for a Test. It wasn't good weather for a ride though, what an upset.

Slim, Fort Drum is a nice area to ride, but there really isn't much around there. Good luck there though. Maybe we'll all do a NY get together at some point.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Down here in Baldwinsville, next to Syracuse. Give me a hollar when you want to ride. Am planning to go to Martinsburg WV, straight down I81, middle of July.
[email protected]

Reactions: hyperbuzzin

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
sounds like fun...damn i was hopeing for some good riding places too....hood doesn't have em either
Slim - KKid is right in that there is not a lot of "things to do" in the immediate vicinity of Ft Drum, pretty sparsely populated. BUT the riding should be decent with the Adirondack Park right next door. LOTS of two-lane twisties and a ton of lakes, rivers, etc., to cool off in after a hard day's hump through the woods at Drum. I grew up and live just outside Syracuse to the SE and just cruising through all the farmland is a blast but the Adirondack Mountains are even better. I think you'll enjoy it, especially in the fall.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Slim - KKid is right in that there is not a lot of "things to do" in the immediate vicinity of Ft Drum, pretty sparsely populated. BUT the riding should be decent with the Adirondack Park right next door. LOTS of two-lane twisties and a ton of lakes, rivers, etc., to cool off in after a hard day's hump through the woods at Drum. I grew up and live just outside Syracuse to the SE and just cruising through all the farmland is a blast but the Adirondack Mountains are even better. I think you'll enjoy it, especially in the fall.
I have been riding all over around here. an love it so far. I live in Gouverneur NY so I get to ride a lot.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
our company torch mainly produce SMT and PCB equipments, especially reflow oven, like full hot air lead-free soldering with six temperature regionTN360C, full hot air reflow oven T380C, full hot air lead-free reflow oven of eight temperature regionTN380, full hot air reflow ovenTN370C, full hot air lead-free soldering TN350C. If you are interested in them, please e-mail me freely.([email protected])
Dang, I was just thinking yesterday how I need a new lead free reflow oven!!
Only trouble is.... I need one with 32 temperature settings and a variable rate, flux capacitor dispersion Sub-boundary Structure ???

It would be a great help too if I could get one with a Continuous Variable Crown System Initializer.

And how much to ship to the Antartic, overnight??

·
256 Posts
I have been riding all over around here. an love it so far. I live in Gouverneur NY so I get to ride a lot.
Slim - Used to have customers up in Gouverneur and all over northern NY, lot of country roads up there to enjoy. Head southeast into the hills and it gets even more fun, glad you're enjoying it up there, thought you might though it's quite a change from Hood, I'd imagine. Have fun!

·
256 Posts
Dang, I was just thinking yesterday how I need a new lead free reflow oven!!
Only trouble is.... I need one with 32 temperature settings and a variable rate, flux capacitor dispersion Sub-boundary Structure ???

It would be a great help too if I could get one with a Continuous Variable Crown System Initializer.

And how much to ship to the Antartic, overnight??
Damn Hyper! You get all the good spam, don't you? ;)

Reactions: hyperbuzzin

·
One Less Car
67 Posts
Johnstown VN 750

Give me a shout when your in the area. I'm surrounded by Harley's here!

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
I am a new (new to me 2005) Vulcan owner in Rochester ny. Many other bikes in my time but first Kawasaki. Been 5 years since I got rid of my Vstar. Traded for a truck as a second vehical. Almost forgot how much I like to ride. Happy to be back out there.

·
256 Posts
I am a new (new to me 2005) Vulcan owner in Rochester ny. Many other bikes in my time but first Kawasaki. Been 5 years since I got rid of my Vstar. Traded for a truck as a second vehical. Almost forgot how much I like to ride. Happy to be back out there.
Welcome to the madness Cheeser! This forum is a fantastic source of knowledge particular to these bikes. My '89 is my first bike (bought in '08) so it's all I know so far. Heard the V-Stars are great bikes as well. Take a look through the various forums and get a feel for what you can find on here.

A first project everyone recommends is lubing the splines of the shaft drive. Many times they have been neglected and/or never lubed properly so the damage mounts quickly. Just search for spline in the forums and you see exactly how to do it. Not nearly as daunting as it fiirst looks.

Another is getting a maint-free AGM battery and relocating the Reg/Rect (R/R) as the electrical systems on these bikes aren't as robust as on others. Installing a Voltmeter is highly recommended as well. Hot starts seem to be an issue with many of these bikes but with these changes, a lot of the problem dissappears.

Welcome back to riding! :motorcycl

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Ok... so I was on fort drum today runinng in the mandatory Post run. All the bikers were required to ride thier bikes to work today for a saftey class. I saw a Vn750... now this is the second 750 besides mine I have seen in the area... the one I saw today was black with silver inlay... looked to be about a 95'sh model year. the other one is the wine red color and looked to be brand new... any one own these two bikes... if so... be on the look out for a Black with red pinstiped 750...that b me.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Yup, born and raised in the great city of Rochester NY..... well, maybe not so great......
I live in Greece, right off of Long Pond. Wouldn't mind meeting a fellow Vulcan rider!

·
256 Posts
Yup, born and raised in the great city of Rochester NY..... well, maybe not so great......
I live in Greece, right off of Long Pond. Wouldn't mind meeting a fellow Vulcan rider!
Greece! Ain't too many people who know where Greece is, much less Long Pond! Glad to see you here! :motorcycl

·
Be True, Be Safe!!!
42 Posts
I have also been born and raised in the heart of the city of Rochester. for 39+ yrs. Only live 200 yards from the house I was raised in. Dewey Emerson area. Wow how things have changed over the years! Have yet to see another Vulcan 750 around this year. Seem to be few and far between. One of the resons I bought it. Has a look all its own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Albany/Saratoga Area Here

I'm in the Albany/Saratoga area (Clifton Park). A new rider. Just bought a '96 VN750.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts