Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now EVERYBODY can't live in Texas or Arizona....can they? I've owned my VN750 for a year now and have have put over 2,000 miles on it but I have not seen another one. Seems odd for a bike that's was made for 20 years! Sorta makes me feel like Will Smith in "I am Legend"....Anybody here?:motorcycl

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Iron Man!!! I live here in Westminster, CO
I have owned mine for about a year, but sidelined with stator and financials, so have not been able to put miles on the Mistress as of yet. No worries, though, as I would rather take my time and get it right instead of just "shotgunning" and having to go over things 3 or 4 times to make sure.

Stay in the wind!!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Warlord! Sorry to hear about your stator blues! Man I just went through that myself about a month ago. I didn't have to pull the engine all the way out but it was till a pain. Cost me about $120 bucks and about 6 hrs out of my Saturday with a buddy helping me (that one in your avatar might take a little less time, ha,ha). A VN700 may be a different animal. I lived in the Denver area for 18 years before moving to Grand Junction. Man I'd have a tough time going back after living here. Anyway, hope you get your chariot back up and if you're ever out this way, gimme a buzz!

Marty

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Ironman,
I'm from Longmont and have seen a few in our area. I just picked mine up earlier this year from the Westminster area and with a little work she's running great. I've put about 3000 miles on it since March.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey stohlbet,
Sounds like you're a ridin' machine! Seems like I'm on mine all the time and you're still getting twice the milage as me! Long commute? I'm not real big on riding in big cities so it's not likely I'll ever be down that way (on my bike that is...) but if you're ever two-wheeln' out west, send up a smoke signal! Not many trees out here (cars either!) but it's still beautiful. Ridin' with another VN750 would rock!

Marty

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ironman,
30 miles each way to work and it doesn't take that long to rack up the miles. All back road riding along the foothills of the Rockies, there's no better stress relief that I've found. I also have a lot of co-workers that ride so after work trips up to Estes Park and Nederland are a bonus.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, since the 700 and the 750 are basically the same animal, (many parts do cross) we have a lot in common on the workings. I also have a VW trike in the back yard waiting for my attention, as well as a 75 280Z waiting for an engine rebuild. Ah the joy of toys!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey, I just got my stator in. Took me about 4 - 4 1/2 hours, but I am now getting 14 volts(HOORRAAYY).

Now I just have to tighten upp the exahaust and she's ready to ride!!!:beerchug::rockon::smiley_th:wow:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Way to go! It's a great feeling to get THAT behind you isn't it! I dreaded mine for about 6 weeks! I just kept charging my battery every night but I could only go on short rides. Now tighten up that exhaust and twist that grip!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ironman, you KNOW IT!!!! Will probably be Sunday (work on Saturdays) but I will definatley be getting it done.

Hey Slimvulcanrider, what branch of service are you in and what base are you stationed at?:beerchug::rockon:

·
Hoser
118 Posts
Ironman, I am right over here between Silt and New Castle. Rode thru GJ last weekend to Gateway and back on a test-n-tune. My bike is almost done mechanically, just needs jets and a speedo cable, already ordered.

I am planning to ride, weather permitting, to San Fran then down the PCH during the first two weeks of October. Should be on hell of a first roadie for me and this ex derelict. If the weather here sucks, I'll throw it in the truck and ditch the truck in PHX then run for Baja. My 1954 F250 will be ready for a retrieval run should I have to fly home either way. lol

What jets are you running? I'm really rich at the stock 132m/38p at 5550ft. Gonna try a 125/35 to clean it up.

I would really like to get close to another VN750 to check out idle quality, throttle response, engine sounds,, etc. My bike was pretty battered and marginally savable, but save it I did. It is nice to have a lift and a bunch of tools. Usually I do hot rods. Never had a Vulcan before so its hard to know what "normal" is. I read the manual in bed at night, is that bad?

I'm game for a ride pretty much anytime. My bike looks kinda like your avatar with a little Mad Max vibe thrown in.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey junkyardroad,
You know, I've had the carbs apart for cleaning/inspection but like a dummy I didn't look that close at my jets. I bought the bike from a guy in Denver and the jetting just always seemed ok so I just didn't pay that close attetion...I will next time. My gas milage isn't quite what I'd like so maybe that's the problem. It sure runs good though. It has almost 20k on it now...this bike doesn't sit much.

Funny that you mentioned Gateway because I was thinking of taking that little cruise today if time permits. It's a beautiful ride for sure! Man, a ride to San Fran is a way longer ride than I'll probably ever take on a VN750. I love this bike for shorter rides that are non-intetstate but I think I'd want a bigger bike if I was going to get that serious. I'm think'n my next bike will be a Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado. I could dig on that bike! That won't be anytime soon though.

Next time you think that you'll be in Junction on a weekend, let me know ahead of time. Maybe we can hook up. It would be sweet to ride with another VN750. All the guys I ride with have 1100's or bigger. I feel like a gnat fly'n with the bumblebees!

·
Hoser
118 Posts
My gas milage isn't quite what I'd like so maybe that's the problem
I have been averaging mid thirties. I expect mid forties. I was able to change the mains today to 125s, couldn't get the pilots out w/o pulling the carbs or making a tool.

Can you run 75 on the interstate?

Earlier today, going west from Glenwood into a headwind I hit a low of 58 at WOT. I have a Plexifairing 3 and saddlebags and weigh 240. My head is very aerodynamic. lol

Am I expecting too much from a 750? I have had a deeeep desire for a Goldwing, but the VN750 has always been my favorite bike of all time. I am game for a ride to Gateway tomorrow (Aug 30) or next weekend. I like backroad touring.
Later
Scott
Silt

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Scott (junkyardroad)!
Thanks for the AWSOME 300 mile ride today! I can't imagine any ride being more beautiful than the western Colorado scenery that we saw today. Could've done without the rain part but now that's part of the memory. Dude, you're a classy guy and I'd ride with you anytime. Rid'n with another VN750 was better than I hoped it'd be. Next time I'm tak'n pictures!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was digging to see who was from around here and figured why not bring this back up? How many CO. riders do we have now??? We should get together and ride this summer. I work in the moto industry so getting to the gathering in our busy season won't happen unfortunately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts