Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The laughing stock of the Vulcan forums has done it again. After a failed attempt at doing some cheap dent removal (see posting under epuipment wanted) I am in need of a new fuel tank for my '99. Will the tanks from the 800 or 1500 vulcans fit (easily) on the 750's?

Any suggestions on finding a used tank besides e-bay?

I'll be in the garage beating this tank if you need me:doh:

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
No need to go into embarassing details, but are you sure it can't be fixed? If yes, try used cycle parts dealers if you don't like ebay. Maybe someone here has an extra for sale? Seebeeare modified a larger tank to fit his VN7XX. Don't know of any that will swap over without modification.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
Agreed with slim, i put a vulcan clasic tank on but i had to weld a pice of iron pipe to the frame, change the fuel lines and flip the ears..... but with about 20 in materials i had it on in a lil over an hour.... alll things seemed to function (including the fuel gage) had to extend the wire out of the tank... but i didnt even get a full tank out of her should have got an extra 100 miles a tank.... best of luck but if your looking for a quick easy fix go with stock.... the thread for pics was it worked,,, not to detailed but i'lll be more then happy to walk u through it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts