Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dragon Master
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a junction box from a 92 VN750, It needs service to be of use to some one, I know myself well enough to know I do not have to skills to properly solder It well enough to make if work out for me.

I have another one that crapped out on me after one day of getting it from the local bone yard as well.

I know the one from the bone yard was not originally for this year but it did work for a bit. I am willing to trade both of them for one working one, If some one out there can fix these up for a low enough cost on their end, I think this may be a fair deal.

then again what do I really know about it anyway, I can't solder to save my ride any way?

I may end up selling this ride any way, so this is really just a shot in the dark.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
PM KC2dGQ on here. He's done a few for members on here. I have one of his rebuilds in my bike now. Works great

·
Dragon Master
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man.

I appreciate the info man thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
do you think he would be willing to trade one good box for 2 fixer uppers?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I appreciate the info man thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
do you think he would be willing to trade one good box for 2 fixer uppers?
Yes I would, PM sent...we will work something out.

·
Dragon Master
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it looks like I'm gonna be here in the deserts of Tucson longer than I planned. So yeah, I can go a head and get this taken care of now.

kc2dgq I sent you a message for private info, but also wanted to ask a public question.

in the worst case scenario how much could it cost in parts for a rebuild?
I am sure others would like to know.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i usually sell mine at 40 to 50 bucks depending on how many relays it needs and all that i am in texas kc is in either jersey or new york

i have a good one here ready to go for who ever needs it

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
well it looks like I'm gonna be here in the deserts of Tucson longer than I planned. So yeah, I can go a head and get this taken care of now.

kc2dgq I sent you a message for private info, but also wanted to ask a public question.

in the worst case scenario how much could it cost in parts for a rebuild?
I am sure others would like to know.
Worst case scenario is if the board or connectors are damaged, which means it is not repairable.

Ususally it is the relays that go bad. There are 3 of them and the parts cost around $5 each. There are also diodes that cost a few bucks each.
I could probably rebuild one with all 3 relays and 4 diodes for about $20 not counting labor.

a replacement JB can vary from $50-$80 used on average

1 - 11 of 11 Posts