Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'M REDOING MY 94 VULCAN AND SAW A MOD. TO PUT THE REGULATOR BESIDE THE SIDE PANAL BUT I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE LOOK ALTHOUGH IT MAKES MORE SENSE THEN FACTORY PLACEMENT. I'M THINKING OF MOVING THE FLASHER UNIT AND MOUNTING IT IN IT'S PLACE AND PUTTING THE FLASHER NEXT TO THE FRAME AGAINST THE FENDER, TRIED TO LINE IT UP ON A PARTS BIKE AND IT LOOKED O.K. BUT I WANTED TO ASKED BEFORE I DID SOMETHING THAT MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I'm having trouble envisioning just where you would put it, and why that would be a better location. One member put his up near the radiator. To do this, you'd need to splice in wires as the stock wiring won't reach.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
i'M REDOING MY 94 VULCAN AND SAW A MOD. TO PUT THE REGULATOR BESIDE THE SIDE PANAL BUT I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE LOOK ALTHOUGH IT MAKES MORE SENSE THEN FACTORY PLACEMENT. I'M THINKING OF MOVING THE FLASHER UNIT AND MOUNTING IT IN IT'S PLACE AND PUTTING THE FLASHER NEXT TO THE FRAME AGAINST THE FENDER, TRIED TO LINE IT UP ON A PARTS BIKE AND IT LOOKED O.K. BUT I WANTED TO ASKED BEFORE I DID SOMETHING THAT MIGHT CAUSE PROBLEMS.
That is where I put mine.. but then again.. I don't have a JB, and I also moved the IB, flasher, and removed the RLU

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think it's better because it's higher above the goat's belly and i'm trying to mount it where the flasher unit is on the back of the battery support.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I'm also having some trouble imagining where you are talking about, but I would say that the cooling fins of the R/R needs air flow to help cool it, which is the main reason most of us move it to begin with. If you're talking about putting it in an enclosed area, I wouldn't recommend it. In front of the engine is a great idea, just knowing you have to splice the cabling to it. My 1500 has two of them, one in front of the radiator, and the other on the left side behind the frame, near passenger foot peg, like most of us moved the one on the 750 to.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
fergy, does the vn1500 have two stators?
I so, does each stator have a separate reg/rec circuit to the battery?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
It only has one stator, but reading about it, it seems to be a hi output one to support additional lights and accessories. I think I read that they beefed up the stator in the 2000-2001 era or it could have been on the 2002 and newer ones. I believe I also read that this is why it has two r/r's, to support bigger demand on the electrical system for accessories. I don't know if one r/r is only used for accessories or if they share the work?? I'm sure it would depend on where the accessories are wired in to which circuit. But, I'm really only guessing...

·
Registered
796 Posts
I see where you are saying of mounting the r/r behind the battery box but as others said you should have it where there is air flow. Maybe if you remove the shield from the fender but that would allow more road crud and water from the tire to get onto your electrical components.

I was going to say that 2 r/r are probably for more power demand where the bigger bikes have more add-on for lights, fairings with radios, etc... Too bad we couldn't rig up 2 stators on our 750s. Hmmmmm any thoughts on that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts