Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, does anyone know of any specific harley dyna or sportster mufflers that will pretty much slip on with no fab work? don't mind the fab work but right now i hardly have time to comb my hair! i am looking for a specific model and year range that will install fairly easily. i would hate to buy a set and have them not work out, returning mail order stuff is a pain. i am running the stock exhaust right now, want to keep the goat's belly, just want to change things up a bit. longer mufflers are fine. if anyone has a specific set that worked well i would appreciate you saving me a headache!

a bit louder is ok, don't want anything annoying though as i ride 100% on the 2 lane hiways.

also, i assume no rejetting or other mods need done when just the mufflers are swapped? thanks!

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have specs & details for you. I just simply searched out dyna mufflers & bought the cheapest set I found.

I will say I think you'll be happy with the sound if your NOT looking for loud & no, just changing the mufflers with something like the dyna's on this bike does not require re-jetting.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I don't have specs & details for you. I just simply searched out dyna mufflers & bought the cheapest set I found.
x2 :smiley_th

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry I don't have specs & details for you. I just simply searched out dyna mufflers & bought the cheapest set I found.

I will say I think you'll be happy with the sound if your NOT looking for loud & no, just changing the mufflers with something like the dyna's on this bike does not require re-jetting.
so you think any year dyna is ok? and they just slipped on?

·
Registered
445 Posts
These are the ones that I put on mine. Nice and quiet. Can't compare it to stock because the op before me gutted the mufflers. Does take just a bit of modding but nothing major, just a bit of 1/8" x 1" stock bar and drill some holes in it and two nuts and bolts. I did get new clamps too.

HD Sportster Mufflers

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the pics, bro!! might have a spare brake stay to make some nice chrome mounts from:smiley_th

·
Registered
445 Posts
Any time. Bikes a bit dirty, but that's because I ride it every day and got sprinkled on yesterday.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
What are they going for on Ebay,a buddy of mine has a set of Sportster mufflers he would probably part with,if you haven't found any yet.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
I have one or two sets of new take offs in the garage. I will have to check dimensions.
They don't bring very much on E-bay or at swap meets.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are they going for on Ebay,a buddy of mine has a set of Sportster mufflers he would probably part with,if you haven't found any yet.
i am going for looks and not price! send pics!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have one or two sets of new take offs in the garage. I will have to check dimensions.
let me know, thanks

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
let me know, looking for something with a little "bling" like slash cuts or turn outs

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine are off a 1998 Fat boy. Just required a small bracket (strip of metal and two holes drilled) to fit.
fantastic looking! thanks matey!!:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Pretty muchmuffs that were used on EVO motors have the same diameters as ours. Even the Screaming Eagle header haskets work perfectly. Hell, even the front forks on the Evo Sportsters are same as ours.
I can pull a serial number off my stock Sporty muffs tomorrow if ya want, but really, there's a pretty broad range. Even Streetglide muffs work if you can make your own hangars (very long).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank bro, i think i am getting so many good leads i don't need the part number, but thanks!! thanks to all! this site is kick butt!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Sportster muffs are basically "bolt on"...just need to make 2 short hangers from 1" perforated steel strapping (the thick stuff, not the plumber's pipe hangers)...bolt right to holes on the rear footpeg mount...I added 5" of flexpipe to my right side to make the ends even. Not necessary to do that...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts