Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i got my carbs back in and everything hooked up. Bike starts and runs, but when i let off the throttle it backfires (some times) and dies. Starts back up no problem but same end result.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
OK i got my carbs back in and everything hooked up. Bike starts and runs, but when i let off the throttle it backfires (some times) and dies. Starts back up no problem but same end result.
Is the idle set at 1100 rpm? Use the the black knob down on the left side of carbs to adjust idle speed.

Were the fuel/air mixture screws under the cap seals turned out further. Probably need 2 1/2 to a max of 3 1/2 turns out to cut down or stop backfiring.
I`m not sure if complete elimination of backfiring is possible.:(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have messed with the idle screw but no help...also my tach is broke and dosnt read correctly.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i put a new battery on, adjusted the air/fuel screw and fixed my idle adj....the idle had come unscrewed...now it seems to idle fine at around a grand and no backfires. Seems to do fine with a lot of throttle and no choke as well. now on to the other bugs that i need gone to get her on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts