Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the infamous problem of my headlight going out and traced the problem to the relay in the junction box. I found a thread that suggested moving a wire in the connector to the junction box and the headlight is working.

What I would like to do is replace the bad relay. I can't find a replacement relay. I suspect there is a newer relay that replaced the old one.

The current relay is marked as NEC MR301-N9 1A4. I think NEC has replaced the MR301 series with the EQ1 series relay. I just don't know the cross reference number to try to get the correct relay. Has anyone successfully replaced a relay in the junction box? Do you know the correct relay number and where these can be obtained? Thanks....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used a standard automotive relay rated for 30 amps. You can attach the + switching wire to the running light portion of a front turn signal. That way the headlight is on whenever the ignition is on. If you put a switch in there you can turn off the headlight in bumper to bumper traffic. Not recommended for safety reasons, but sometimes it's better than getting stuck with a dead battery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts