Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NEVER TO OLD TO RIDE
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding at night in south central Kentucky without a windshield is next to impossible this time of year unless you like being carpet bombed in the face and neck with bugs. I really like the wind and dread the thought of installing a windshield. Anybody tried one of the bug shields? Any ideas on a small wind shield that won't stop all the wind but will deflect the bugs without directing all the wind slam in your face? I searched the posts but didn't see anything that answers my question. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Memphis shades aren't bad for the price. Easy to install and remove if needed. depends on how big you wanna go. I have one on mine. I'll try to get a pic

·
Registered
468 Posts
here is mine its not pretty but works pretty good.

Attachments

·
NEVER TO OLD TO RIDE
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I want to stay small as possible. those tiny bug shields look ok but I wonder if they work.

·
NEVER TO OLD TO RIDE
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yours looks good, is that the smallest they make?

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Look on eBay, I found one locally and it did a decent job. I went with a full size one so I could extend my riding season

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Riding at night in south central Kentucky without a windshield is next to impossible this time of year unless you like being carpet bombed in the face and neck with bugs. I really like the wind and dread the thought of installing a windshield. Anybody tried one of the bug shields? Any ideas on a small wind shield that won't stop all the wind but will deflect the bugs without directing all the wind slam in your face? I searched the posts but didn't see anything that answers my question. I am 6 foot 1 inch tall.
I use this one. Small but deflects all the bugs.
http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/DeflectorScreen.shtml

·
NEVER TO OLD TO RIDE
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
468 Posts
be sure to show pictures of what you get.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Small screens will keep bugs off your chest but if the wind is still hitting your faceshield ....do will the bugs. Tiny tiny ones might get blown off course but the ones that go SPLAT will still seem to be on a kamikaze mission to your face.
If you get a small screen make sure it's still talll enough to duck behind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts