Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
While i have not used one of these antigravity batteries the reason that it would be more powerful is that this is a lithium ion battery.

Lithium Ion is going to be substantially more expensive in most cases but you get several advantages, it doesn't discharge as much over extended periods of no use (so you may be able to pop it right back in the bike come spring, no charging required), Li-Ion is typically a more power rich type of battery as well so that would explain the higher amperage.

There are a couple of things that you want to be aware of though, first is the fact that current Li-ion batteries typically only last for a few years before they go bad so I would look around to see what others have said about this battery (as you are doing here) or wait a couple years because Li-ion is constantly changing at the moment. Second you may have to mod the bike if you use a Li-ion battery because they are very particular about voltage levels. If your bike is putting out more power than the battery can take there is a risk of a Li-ion battery going up in flames.

*Edit* I would just contact the company to see what the safe operating voltage is for the battery, I wouldn't think you should need to do anything as far as mods go because this is made for use in motorcycles but I would think better to have checked and found it perfectly safe for your bike than having an issue down the road.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I purchased a Battery Tender Lithium-Ion Battery two months ago and put it in my bike. It is a lightweight battery with a very good guarantee. It comes 70% charged and has a shelf life of 6 months. It should not get below that 70% charge. I placed it in my Vulcan as soon as I got home and it cranked the biker over right away!! My brother in law is a M/C and ATv mechanic and had a lot of good things to say about this battery. Off the shelf, it was $130. I like the battery so far!!

·
Just some guy
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking. Hence the reason I was asking if anyone has actually gotten of them. Didn't know if there was some sort of magical secret to this battery.

at $289.99 a battery....you got to be Fing nuts!!

AGM battery works fine and sits all winter without a charge and cranks right up....and it only costs $60.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
These are really intended for bikes trying to save every amount of weight possible. Seeing as we're not setting up VN750s for drag racing / track days, the weight of an AGM isn't an issue.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I'm at least thinking of ordering their jumper pack. It's so small and easy to just keep in my front tool bag.
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/126-883

If you watch the video, it's quite impressive to hold that much juice after starting up the motorcycle twice and a truck 3 times.
You can save $100+ by bump starting the bike. Cool thing none the less!

·
Just some guy
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been there, done that. Not fun trying to do that in NYC traffic.
Even trying to get someone to Jump start you in NYC is next to impossible. Ain't nobody out to help anyone in the jungle that is this city.

:(

You can save $100+ by bump starting the bike. Cool thing none the less!

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Been there, done that. Not fun trying to do that in NYC traffic.
Even trying to get someone to Jump start you in NYC is next to impossible. Ain't nobody out to help anyone in the jungle that is this city.

:(
Down here in the friendly South about anybody will offer a jump if they've got cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts