Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 85 vn700 in a killer deal. It works out to have cost me about $100 when all my dealing was done. I got two tanks...one pretty good and one kinda banged up. Missing some parts but I'll work it out.

Attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
But, de pic a chure....she'sa all uppa sida down....

I may be able to work some trades with ya for what ya need....mail me...

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol seems I got the one equipped with the experimental anti gravity device.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm....it looks like this project is going to be an in between projects project. I picked this bike up with another project bike and the other one needs less work to get it going. The wife actually wants to work on these with me, so that's cool. I know it will make some of you guys mad when I tell you how much I paid for both lol. $200... that's after I sold my air compressor for $300 to make room for these. So my out of pocket expense is $100 per bike. Not too shabby.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

....Fark you Mike......... ;)

...I think its cool yer ol lady wants to help....35 yrs ago mine used to polish my spokes...now she kicks em....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh heh...I'm always trying to get my wife to polish something lol.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I just picked up an 85 vn700 in a killer deal. It works out to have cost me about $100 when all my dealing was done. I got two tanks...one pretty good and one kinda banged up. Missing some parts but I'll work it out.
I think you lost the missing parts when you turned it upside down. ;)

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
All the cool guys have two Vulcans. ;)

·
2,521 Posts

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Or 3........
I think I got the hint at two that I wanted some variety. 5 bikes in the 'ol stable is enough me thinks. :smiley_th

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol I have four in mine right now. Five if you count my mini bike.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
@ wolfie
dont it make you glad you have mag rims on the vulcan

@thtanner
i had two at one time does that mean i am cool or that i was cool back in the day?

@m angell
my old lady never wants to help with the bike but i make her cause i have no one else to help lol
but if i get enough booze in her and start singing along with the country station she starts to be a damn good help

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Reactions: new rider 9984

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...once a man's bills are all paid, its the one with the most toys that wins.... ;)
I actually used to own a tourney bass boat and a '69 Porsche 911, and 2 Harleys at the same time...but then the bills needed payin.... :(

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
I think I got the hint at two that I wanted some variety. 5 bikes in the 'ol stable is enough me thinks. :smiley_th
i got 6.lol.hell, i have 2 vw's a goldwing,2 vulcans,a shovelhead,a 600 katana streetfighter project,a suzuki savage,and a gs650/kz440 project.sorry,i can't count.that would be 7 bikes.

·
1999 Vulcan 750
41 Posts
go home.... dont take the bike... its drunk :) great deal for making a great project bike :rockon:

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol too late its been in my garage for a while now. I have picked up some parts for it and have done just a little work on it. Eventually I'll get it on the road lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts