Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
A couple of my biker friends (one rides a Harley, the other a Shadow) both gave me that "Hmmmmm...." when I told them that I'd bought my 750. I was told that I'd outgrow it in a relatively short period of time and would wish that I had bought something bigger. I've looked at the 900. I'm not thrilled with its looks and it just felt too big to be my first bike. I don't see me "outgrowing" my 750 anytime soon. Heck, I'm just getting started (received the bag supports the other day. Need to go put them on!).

--FA

·
Registered
802 Posts
The guy with the 1800 was over this weekend when I took mine out. Said it sounded like a girls bike compared to his.

Of course, had to say I wouldn't know, I've never seen you ride it.

I wouldn't mind a bigger bike. But that's for longer cruises, and in the future. But even then, it would probably be a full dresser, and 1600 is way more than enough.

For now, this is the perfect bike. I'm in a lot of traffic, it's easy to handle and has the power to get me out of the way. (or ahead of the pack) ;)

If there's any way possible, when I do get a new bike, I'd like to hang on to this one just because it's the perfect commuter bike. (to me anyway)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
A couple of my biker friends (one rides a Harley, the other a Shadow) both gave me that "Hmmmmm...." when I told them that I'd bought my 750. I was told that I'd outgrow it in a relatively short period of time and would wish that I had bought something bigger. I've looked at the 900. I'm not thrilled with its looks and it just felt too big to be my first bike. I don't see me "outgrowing" my 750 anytime soon. Heck, I'm just getting started (received the bag supports the other day. Need to go put them on!).
--FA
Not sure which of those bikes are going to keep up or out handle the 750, I guess it would have to be the Harley, maybe it's a Screaming Eagle or could it just be a Buzzard... You should be able to take the Shadow, 750 or 1100 & the 900 Kaw., so most say anyway...
I think I might have to say, lets find out which is the lady's bike, follow me...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts