Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
72 Posts
There's a rebuild kit for the stock petcock, about $22/ebay.

Make sure the fuel lines don't run uphill to the carbs.
Yep, but the fuel filter strainers on the petcock are integral and mine are completely gone, disintegrated. I'm not a fan of messing with big 'ol inline fuel hose filters unless theres lots of room which Vulcan doesn't have. But its an option, yep. I wanted to get this bike fired up by Christmas.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Yep, but the fuel filter strainers on the petcock are integral and mine are completely gone, disintegrated. I'm not a fan of messing with big 'ol inline fuel hose filters unless theres lots of room which Vulcan doesn't have. But its an option, yep. I wanted to get this bike fired up by Christmas.
Forgot about the screens, I have seen those sold separately but probably hard to find.

Sometimes inline filters work on this bike, sometimes they don't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Frame stripped, maybe i will grind down the ugly welds and/or just prep for paint.

Rusty sving

Engine cleaned, polished and prepared for paint - much time consuming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thinking about the new seat - i figure i have to cut the frame on the red marks and weld it together, that way the passenger seat will come down about 5cm and the frame + fender will also go down and a little bit to the front.
Im keeping the rear shocks since the seat are so thin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
What should i check? i got the engine out and thinking about checking if everything is ok before i put it back again after paint.
Chain tensioners, water pump bearing, stator? What else?

edit: i think i need to split the case 🤔

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Damper bushings should be checked.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts

·
Registered
8,450 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,274 Posts
This site lists them but I didn't try to pay for them. Only a used set on eBay.

I still have the set that you mailed me a few years ago. Found them in a box of parts. They were still sealed and have a coating of oil on them still

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
I still have the set that you mailed me a few years ago. Found them in a box of parts. They were still sealed and have a coating of oil on them still

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk
Cool! I lubed them with some good stuff, that I can't get anymore.

I remember when I replaced them, the new ones weren't any tighter than those old ones.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts