Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did the search thing, didn't see an answer yeah or nay.

I keep reading that some of the Viking Bags products require you to relocate your turn signals. Does anyone know of any of their bags, at least Medium in size, that would NOT require to relocate the turn signals? I'd prefer to not do any dremel-requiring modwork on the bike. Thanks!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
There are turn signal relocation brackets you can buy. Somewhat hard to find, but I have a set I can part with if needed.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I also have a few sets of relocation brackets I could part with.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, yeah Goofyfoot2001, those look nice. Any approximate estimate of how many six-packs you can put in one? (discarding weight, trying to picture the size/capacity in my head) Thanks!

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Hmm, yeah Goofyfoot2001, those look nice. Any approximate estimate of how many six-packs you can put in one? (discarding weight, trying to picture the size/capacity in my head) Thanks!
Hey, that's my question also ! LOL :beerchug:
Note: those bags pictured are Large size (not medium size) ......
:smiley_th

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Large, small or medium are subjective sizes. What one person describes as large is small or inadequate for another. Any size can be made to fit and relocating turn signals does not always require the use of a dremel tool.

·
4,508 Posts
Large, small or medium are subjective sizes. What one person describes as large is small or inadequate for another. Any size can be made to fit and relocating turn signals does not always require the use of a dremel tool.
Ok, I was only trying to be helpful for anyone thinking of purchasing some.....

Pls ignore my size Large comment...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
well, when you order the saddle bags, they are going to ask you what "size" bags you want - small, medium, or large. maybe even extra large. so you have to know what "size" you need/want, so you can tell them what to send you! :doh:

I too, measure my saddle bags, by the # of beers they can fit!

·
4,508 Posts
well, when you order the saddle bags, they are going to ask you what "size" bags you want - small, medium, or large. maybe even extra large. so you have to know what "size" you need/want, so you can tell them what to send you! :doh:

How many 12 oz or 16 oz beers will the medium size Viking Bag hold ? (I recently bought some).

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Ok, I was only trying to be helpful for anyone thinking of purchasing some.....

Pls ignore my size Large comment...

When you order saddle bags on line they usually give the dimensions; width, length and height in inches or mm even. That is the normal way of explaining the size of saddle bags. Try looking up a saddle bag size on a manufacturers website based on how many tall boys or six packs will fit. I am not 100% sure but I doubt if there are very many that use that method or even just single words such as big, small or medium if any. Besides there are some people that do not carry beer in their saddle bags at any time for a variety of reasons. My comment was only meant to mean that it is difficult to understand what someone wants when only a general term is used. The saddle bags on my bike are considered over sized by many but without seeing them can you honestly tell me what that really means in relation to actual size? My opinion is that they may be larger than some that I have seen on other VN750's but I think they are just right based on my needs. I couldn't tell you how many beers will fit inside but then again I do not drink beer so why should I care. Subjective is all I am trying to get across here. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I apologize if I caused a problem here.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Been running Viking bags on my bike about 2 1/2 years now. Shipped with a free flasher relocation bracket and hard bag mounts which required that I buy some longer bolts to mount to the grab handle. They still look pretty good after 18,000 miles. I stuff a lot of stuff in them sometimes and haul 30+ pounds of steel plates for work in them pretty often.

They are showing some strain at the corners but with the loads I sometimes ask them to carry I can't complain. Still 100% water tight.

·
4,508 Posts
Vulcan2000....No problems here friend.....we are all just communicating in our own way.
All is fine.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
When you order saddle bags on line they usually give the dimensions; width, length and height in inches or mm even. That is the normal way of explaining the size of saddle bags. Try looking up a saddle bag size on a manufacturers website based on how many tall boys or six packs will fit. I am not 100% sure but I doubt if there are very many that use that method or even just single words such as big, small or medium if any. Besides there are some people that do not carry beer in their saddle bags at any time for a variety of reasons. My comment was only meant to mean that it is difficult to understand what someone wants when only a general term is used. The saddle bags on my bike are considered over sized by many but without seeing them can you honestly tell me what that really means in relation to actual size? My opinion is that they may be larger than some that I have seen on other VN750's but I think they are just right based on my needs. I couldn't tell you how many beers will fit inside but then again I do not drink beer so why should I care. Subjective is all I am trying to get across here. I did not mean to ruffle any feathers. I apologize if I caused a problem here.
no feathers ruffled here......just having some fun that's all. as for the # of beer cans.....well, one could say cans of Pepsi ("all I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi"...oops, sorry, wrong rant. never mind. lol) also...12 oz. cans of pop (or soda, depending where you live) are the same size as 12 oz. cans of beer.
also, yes, some on line sights (Viking bags for one) do ask/say what size the bags are, as in like I said "small", "medium", "large" and I believe even "extra large". they also give dimensions too.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
no feathers ruffled here......just having some fun that's all. as for the # of beer cans.....well, one could say cans of Pepsi ("all I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi"...oops, sorry, wrong rant. never mind. lol) also...12 oz. cans of pop (or soda, depending where you live) are the same size as 12 oz. cans of beer.
also, yes, some on line sights (Viking bags for one) do ask/say what size the bags are, as in like I said "small", "medium", "large" and I believe even "extra large". they also give dimensions too.
So it would fit about 12-18 without the box in each bag. Funny how nobody goes out to drink a 12 pack of pepsi :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
you my friend, have never met Denny6006! lol
then maybe I should go out drinking with Denny...lol

I am not a big beer drinker myself...i get full before I get drunk, so I stick to tea and soda.
Does this mean I have to turn in my "biker" label? :boxing: :motorcycl :beerchug:

·
4,508 Posts

I am not a big beer drinker myself...i get full before I get drunk, so I stick to tea and soda.
Does this mean I have to turn in my "biker" label? :boxing: :motorcycl :beerchug:

I know Anthony....at least enough to know what he spoke is true.....
ROFLMFO kc !

Does this mean I have to turn in my "biker" label?
yeah, right, too much chrome ! lmao

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts

yup. just because you used the word "soda"! ;) lol

I've been out "drinking" with Denny before. he match us (pop) can for (beer) can!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts