Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a 160 mile run yesterday and after 60 miles we stopped for 10 minutes. When we went to leave my battery was dead. Had to push start the bike. Bike made the 60 mile trip back. Battery had 10.4 volts in it. One phase of the stator is shorted out. Won't be riding for a while.:(

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Impressive run on that battery, though. Really sorry to hear about the stator. Was this an OEM one?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Impressive run on that battery, though. Really sorry to hear about the stator. Was this an OEM one?
I believe it is an oem stator. I bought the bike 3 years ago with 6000 miles on it. I have an e-mail in to Tim Parrot. I only use Deka AGM batterys. Always had good results with them. Battery is showing 13.4 volts now after being on a battery tender overnight.

·
Registered
67 Posts
And that's why I put the LED volt meter on my bike...got caught the exact same way.
When I got my stator from TPE I returned 2 old ones so he shouldn't have any trouble getting one out to you right away. Do you have the relocated mosfet R/R?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And that's why I put the LED volt meter on my bike...got caught the exact same way.
When I got my stator from TPE I returned 2 old ones so he shouldn't have any trouble getting one out to you right away. Do you have the relocated mosfet R/R?
Yes I have a relocated Mosfet, for over a year now.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
One phase of the stator is shorted out
JM....Im sure ya checked them 3 damned yellow wires first, right ?....sure ya did, you know better....sorry bro....

With ya brother....lemme know if I can help in any way....

Odd though....I got an 85 with a stock stator...26k on it now...no issues except for the wiring to/from it....wondering if Kawi started making em cheaper in later years.....and hell, Im runnin a Harley light bar, Harley tails, HD headlight bulb, and accent lights....with everything on, it still kicks out 14.1....weird....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts