Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im down guys. This time for awhile I think. Since I have some extra time now lol Ill do some reading up and maybe get around to fixing this soon. That is unless someone lives close by and wishes to lend an extra hand lol. Got to love this site.:smiley_th

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Srry to here that, it sux.....would give me a chance to go ride coal creek again though, send me a bus ticket and I'm there!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
While you're doin the stator might as well contact gcextreme about his tuxedo stator plates

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....hay....not fer nuthin....but better it happened now than during mid season.... ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've read up on the deal here but can anyone tell me the bare min. to remove before I can twist the motor to remove the stator? I am in no way a mechanic and I'm wringing bolts etc... darn exaust! lol This should be far easier than it is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I took a lot of photos when I did mine. But I pulled the engine and set it on the work bench. Take photos that will help with reassembly. Good luck. Of course Tim parrot is the way to go for a replacement stator.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Just pulled an engine in a bike with the surge tank still installed, the front exhaust manifold gotts ta go. The air box gave me troubles as I slightly tilted the engine forward to clear the lower rear engine mount (upper rear engine mount on the right side also needs to be unbolted from the frame) with the air box basically falling out once the engine was pulled. You can either unhook the hard to remove choke cable (leaving the carbs attached) or just loosen the carb boots and wiggle those carbs loose. Currently with the engine out my carbs are still hanging from the cables.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are a couple of really great writeups on this forum... and you should probably use those instead... but here's what I removed, in this order, when I did mine. Pardon the bad naming. I'm a decent tools guy but a mediocre mechanic, so you should have no probs:

[Summary: gas tank, ears, radiator, full exhaust, front bevel gear case, right side frame section... and various other little bits]

bolt/retainer holding stator leads to bike
oil filter parts/oil drained
back vent line from gas tank
3 tank bolts
all petcock hoses; then tank off
ears off
plastic covers in front of tank (4 phillips screws)
drain coolant
radiator cap, coolant drain bolts
coolant reservoir
muffler covers
goats belly mounting bolt/piece that goes behind mounting bolt...?
muffler mounting bolt and nut
exhaust pipe nuts (right and left) - new crush gaskets needed
protective bar over radiator (mine had this)
plastic radiator cover
ground wire on radiator
fan motor connector and two leads next to it
radiator hoses removed from bike (top and bottom)
radiator off
shifter lever
rubber boots off carbs
clutch cable
front bevel gear case
two radiator hoses (one on right side of bike on front cylinder, one on top below gas tank)
small sensor below oil filter
5 bolts from right side frame section
brake electric from front of bike
crossbar bolt on left side, removed crossbar
three engine mounting bolts
engine mounting bracket on right side
emission control hose from rear cylinder

Engine should be able to be jimmied out and angled away to the right after above removal... used blocks of wood to support engine.

generator cover bolts
stator attachment bolts

Let me know if you have any questions... I took notes but no pictures. Like I said, other writeups will be much nicer for use :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info guys :rockon:

As far as the stator I'm having a friend of mine re-wind it so it wont go out again lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts