Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did some online shopping (well browsing) and found a website that has a small selection of solo seats with a pillion, but the description for fitment says Kawasaki VN800 Vulcan and Vulcan Classic 750. Is the Vulcan Classic 750 the same as my 86 vn 750? im going to copy and paste the link in this post, the seat im looking at is towards the bottem of the page, its called the "fantasy" with single pillion. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

http://www.billski182.com/seats_kawasaki.htm

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
To my knowledge, there's no such thing as a Vulcan Classic 750. There has only been the VN750, which is different than the VN800.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've never seen an aftermarket seat made for the VN750 that doesn't have the backrest so I would say it is a typo or something. Pretty much if you want a seat that looks like that you either have to make it or buy one that fits a different bike and modify it to fit the 750. I've seen a few guys on here that have a seat from a Vulcan 900 that looks really good.

I used my factory seats and just modified them (cut the backrest off). In the future I will remove the covering and padding and make them look like the smoother/sleeker looking seats.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have a question and an answer. Question: how do you remove the seat on the VN750? I haven't picked up a manual at this time and don't really see how to detach the seat so I can get to the battery to install my Battery Tender wires. Answer: I have owned the 800B Classic and the seats are similar but far from the same. I cannot see how the two seats would interchange due to the molding on the bottoms being bike specific.

Thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a question and an answer. Question: how do you remove the seat on the VN750? I haven't picked up a manual at this time and don't really see how to detach the seat so I can get to the battery to install my Battery Tender wires. Answer: I have owned the 800B Classic and the seats are similar but far from the same. I cannot see how the two seats would interchange due to the molding on the bottoms being bike specific.

Thanks
The 750 seat is secured by the 2 10mm bolts in the tool box. Remove those and the seat comes off. There are many people on here that have used seats from different model bikes and usually have to modify the seat to fit the 750. I 1st used a seat from an older Honda and just moved the front tab to fit my bike. As far as securing the back....Some have used flat steel and made a bracket that bolts to the frame rails but I used a 3/8" x 2" bolt and drilled a hole in the fender and secured it with a wing nut and lock washer on the under side of the fender. No tools required to remove the seat with my method and it is hidden from view so no one can mess with it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks Baldy. I gotta be patient and wait for the manual. When it warms up I'll probably take most of the bike apart to get to know it. Always seem to find something that needs tightened etc..

Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts