Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im making my list for this winter on what I am doing to my bike. One thing I have to change is the seat. My backside and back cant take the stock one any longer. What I can see from this website is that a lot of guys have changed the seat and it looks awesome. I have tried looking at several aftermarket seats, Mustang, etc and I know they do not make one for my 2002. I have access to a 900 but I still want to retain the backrest. If anyone has changed their seat please give me make and model of what you used. I am not opposed to doing a few mods to make it fit but I need to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I went a different route when my butt was killing me. I found a local dude that did motorcycle upholstery who did a fine job! Just a thought......

Reactions: Gaz73

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am kind of thinking about that too. There is a guy near me (kind of) like 2hrs away I hear that does custom work. That may be what I do if I can afford it.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
There is a down side to using a local fella to make you a custom seat. I had to give him my seat so he could change it so during the time needed for him to do the work I didn't have the bike available to ride. I imagine you'd have to do the same. Aside from that, I am happy with mine.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Corbin Dual tour Seat

The Corbin Dual Tour is a $450. aftermarket seat. It is one of the best and someone is going to get it for 1/2 that or probably less. This seat is in good condition and I find it very comfortable. I would give it some thought, but do what you think is best for you.

Mcneuby

·
Registered
656 Posts
Have you considered Spencer's mod. I was very pleased with what he did to my 25yr old stock seat,no more butt busting,lowered and pushed back,and it doesn't hurt my tailbone.I think its [email protected] or Greatdaytoride.You can check my threads,or I'll look for if you cant find his page. Good luck.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry Jeffm,its [email protected] or GreatDayToRide.com. Should get to his faq page,you pay the shipping both ways but the stock seat is light,so its not much,and he gets it back to you quick,so there's not much down time. My seat now gives me a better center of gravity,its like your in it,not on it,and it seams to get better with more seat time.

·
2,506 Posts
The Corbin Dual Tour is a $450. aftermarket seat. It is one of the best and someone is going to get it for 1/2 that or probably less. This seat is in good condition and I find it very comfortable. I would give it some thought, but do what you think is best for you.

Mcneuby
X2 On the Corbin Seat. It was my favorite seat I used when I had my 750, and I had tried them all. See my profile on my seat reviews.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I did the 900 seat mod to mine its not hard to do i used a vn900 seat and an ace 1100 back rest and turn signal relocation brackets if you have any questions just ask

Attachments

·
Eagle Riders 4146
89 Posts
I did the 900 seat mod to mine its not hard to do i used a vn900 seat and an ace 1100 back rest and turn signal relocation brackets if you have any questions just ask
Heaney750, I bought the same seat of eBay a few weeks ago. I think I got a steal! It's used; black with chrome studs but looks brand spankin' new. Got it for $40 + $15 for shipping...deals can be found, folk! Anyways, do you have pictures of the mod process? I'm wondering if there's a way to do the mod so I can easily switch back and forth between the stock and new seat?

·
Registered
182 Posts
sorry i have lost the pics i took they were on my old phone but i can tell you that i had to cut the posts off the back rest holder cause they held the seat off the rear fender and i didnt want to crack the seat pan cause its plastic but other than that i peeled back the rear seat pad just enuff to get to the first set of holes molded into the seat pan i put a washer and a bolt in each hole used jb weld to hold them in place then i took sum 1/8 inch flat stock that was 2 1/2 inches wide drilled two holes to match the seat bolts i bolted it to the seat put the seat on the bike and bent the stock over the backrest brackets that i cut to match the holes in the turn signal relocators drilled the holes in the stock and bolted it down i used and ace 1100 backrest from ebay i had to notch the rear bottom of the bracket on each side cause it was hitting the turn signal mount and i didnt want to break the plastic

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts