Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have used seafoam in my truck, poured it into the gastank, the crank case, and did a de-carbon by sucking it in thru a vac hose into the engine as the Seafoam website instructs. I have seen great changes, it works wonders.

So my question is, what's the best way to apply it to my vulcan? Is it just adding it to the gas?
How much do you recommend and whats the procedure, pour it in, run it a bit, let it set, then run it more??

Has anyone added it to the crankcase/oil??
Is there any way to suck it into the motor like thru a vac line???

Anyway, any suggestions and ideas, or instructions would be great.

Peace

·
Registered
192 Posts
A lot of us add a few ounces to the crankcase, ride for about 20 minutes, then change the oil.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Add the required dose to the gas and as peerless said add some to the crankcase before you change your oil. Here is another alternative to seafoam. http://www.k100fueltreatment.com/main.html It works better IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Lots of folks here us it in several different doses. Some go with a half can in a full tank once a month, some of us use about 3 oz in a full tank once a month, and depending on if you just bought the bike or have been having carb issues, we might have you dump half a can in the gas and run it for a few minutes, then let it sit overnight to see if it can dissolve the varnish in the carbs etc. Sometimes we suggest you drain the carbs and inject straight seafoam right into the fuel hoses coming off the petcock to fill the carbs and let them sit overnight or a couple days. On a good running bike, I like to do the 3 oz every month to keep things clean, then in the winter if I'm riding less often, I make sure the tank is full and keep 3 oz or so in the full tank always to stabilize the fuel and keep condensation down.

In the oil, I only add maybe 1/3rd can, warm the bike by riding 10 minutes, then drain and change the oil and filter. I wouldn't keep it in the oil like we do the gasoline.

If you live where the winters are cold, you might want to look into the K100 MG stuff. It sounds like its very effective, maybe more so than seafoam, but I've had such good success with seafoam, and I live in Texas, I really am happy with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts