Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I got a text from my sister about how she and my mother had to help a couple that had a motorcycle accident on Saturday. The wife jumped off the bike and only sustained a few scrapes and bumps, the husband however had to be airlifted out because he had trouble breathing and was pretty beat up.

My mom told me today that the wife contacted her and told her that her husband had 9 broken ribs, a punctured lung and a dislocated shoulder.

Just another reminder to NEVER over ride you abilities and always take a motorcycle safety course.

The guy had only been riding for 6 months on his brand new $22,000 Harley. They were on a road that they looked up on the internet and was listed as being for experienced riders. :BLAM:

Apparently, while in a right hand turn, he looked away for just a second into his left mirror to see the couple that was riding with them and ended up running off the road. :doh:

Always remember, especially while in a turn, never take your eyes off the road. Where ever you look, the bike will likely go.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I will take that advice seriously. I want to work on yielding more...looking to merge with traffic but looking ahead through the turn....

·
Registered
900 Posts
are you saying one should jump off the bike if headed for a wrek?...I'm kidding...the chick was big time lucky.. most of the time jumping is the wrong move... one tends to bounce and flop!....but then again... a crash is a crash.. your at the mercy of the gods and your own awarness... I once road a hot tail pipe on a honda 400 for almost a block.. after it dropped out from under me... people said it was the oddest thing they ever seen.. it fell over and I jsut steped off the bike and road the thing to a stop... feared curves for years after!

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
are you saying one should jump off the bike if headed for a wrek?...I'm kidding...the chick was big time lucky.. most of the time jumping is the wrong move... one tends to bounce and flop!....but then again... a crash is a crash.. your at the mercy of the gods and your own awarness... I once road a hot tail pipe on a honda 400 for almost a block.. after it dropped out from under me... people said it was the oddest thing they ever seen.. it fell over and I jsut steped off the bike and road the thing to a stop... feared curves for years after!
I belly surfed on a KX125 when I was about 18 too clock.wierd feeling ,but definitely better than the ground after I fell off.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Another guy I know hit a dog a few weeks ago. Killed the dog, and the guy is still in and out of the hospital. His bike - a vintage Honda 900 inline 4, is totaled.

DT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts