Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stator went out,I am too tired to replace it again,(put in a cal-tech 800 miles ago)I also put in a new (used ) control unit or brain. did not work, checked stator volts and it was only 5 on all legs(yellow wires) put bike on e-bay. if it dont sell will part out whole bike over winter.:(:(:(:(:(:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
hey buddy how much you want for it... for the right price I might be interested in making a trek a crossed the state. heck right now I would even be willing to make the journey to help ya get the stator put back together and get it running right.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
"My stator went out,I am too tired to replace it again"

Did you do the stator mod the last time you changed it?
If not, then I guess I understand your frustration.

If you decide to keep her, go with the plate mod and a Tim Parrot rewound stator.....seems to be the most reliable one out there.

Good luck with it....I hate to see any VN750 with a running engine get parted out.....hope you reconsider.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
concours 14 are nice, but consider a wing as well, if you are really changing from the 750 platform....

kenny

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In reply to all

I have it on e-bay for $1500 for three days no bid, I just dropped the price to $1300 I need $1300 to get the concours. It is a 2000 model with 6000 original miles and you could eat off it, It is in my price range, and I did a lot of research this time. If it don't sell, I will sell it whole or maybe get more cash parting it out. Anyway i need the cash to buy the connie and if any of you guys want it just bid on it. if it goes to one of you I will definately give it to you for $1300 even if you bid $10,000 on e-bay. fell free to pm me if interested. It is a nice bike but not enough horses for me,nor storage space like the connie. many parts go with it. thanks for asking, I will miss her:motorcycl

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also

I did no stator mods to it, I did put in a different cdi and I should see if putting the old one in helps... but i really doubt it, 5volts on the yellow leads.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
I never understand the concept "I don't want take the time to pull the engine to replace the stator, but i will take the time take every other piece off to part it out!"...??
And really...if u already had the engine out to replace the stator, you should have done the stator plate mod and got a TPE stator....

I really hate to see a great bike parted out just because of the stator!!
And you know u can do the mod and replace the stator without removing the engine...just cut it out while its all together...many have done it...

Anyway, i hope u get the connie, but try to save the vulcan!! Maybe slim will buy it!

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because I have a slow in the month of dec and jan, in the work i do I would be able to sell on ebay for a month or two for income. Right now I need cash to get a connie, larger bike that could carry my tools and gets 300 miles to the tank.

·
Registered
509 Posts
E Bay listing

I haven't been able to bring it up on E Bay. Check to see how it is listed.

Mcneuby

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mcneuby

I just listed it the free way and it says i have 173 views and 3 watchers but 1 day 10 hours left, no bidders yet they wait till the last hour, has been my experience.:cool:

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reduced price

Bare bones price $700 you pick up (so i can get a connie before it is sold):BLAM::BLAM::BLAM:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Don't think the pictures are working on ebay

·
87 VN750 Lookin Good
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the connie!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts