Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a nearly-new Mustang saddle (500 miles, original box) to turn around on the Forum for anyone who might be interested. It's already been shipped to me and I should have it in a couple of days. Let me know if you have any interest and I can send you pics (the ones PO sent to me; I'll take more when it arrives) and my asking price. It's not as inexpensive as the one just posted for Memphis (good deal if you live there, though!), but I will ship! :smiley_th

·
Registered
881 Posts
i have the same seat, it changes the whole look of the bike....this one lookes real nice...it will make someones butt very happy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Wow, 5 hours and no one has jumped on this yet. Come on all you "What can I do about my crappy seat?" posters. This is your chance.

It will even make your bike faster...really, no Sh*t. " :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
well ,I gotta buy a secondary gun for work... if I bought the seat, I couldn't get the gun... I am gonna have to pass...

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
This will go over like a fart in church....

Are there any Mustang seats floating around out there without the stud things along the sides?

Yes, I'm serious.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
if i wasnt savin money to get my bike fixed i would have jumped on this for sure

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow, 5 hours and no one has jumped on this yet. Come on all you "What can I do about my crappy seat?" posters. This is your chance.
:)
Interesting, this silence. Certainly some of these saddles can be found for a steal, but the more of us who are looking, the less likely it'll be that we can get something for well below value (supply, demand, and all that happy stuff). I have almost no margin on this - and since I typically miscalculate shipping costs, I am assuming zero margin. Sometimes it's hard to get a good deal - but for an item that isn't made anymore, "available at below retail cost" seems like a good deal. In any other market, the price would be *above* retail (back to that supply-demand thing). :confused: Should I charge more? Ok, $800! But I'm not going a penny below that!

Seriously, though, if everyone's complaining, but no one's even interested, I'll put it up on Cragislist when it comes in.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I think they are breaking open their piggy banks and counting the change. :beerchug:

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
I just bought a nearly-new Mustang saddle (500 miles, original box) to turn around on the Forum for anyone who might be interested. It's already been shipped to me and I should have it in a couple of days. Let me know if you have any interest and I can send you pics (the ones PO sent to me; I'll take more when it arrives) and my asking price. It's not as inexpensive as the one just posted for Memphis (good deal if you live there, though!), but I will ship! :smiley_th
Seems like alot of miles on that box. LOL :rockon:

·
Registered
52 Posts
This will go over like a fart in church....

Are there any Mustang seats floating around out there without the stud things along the sides?

Yes, I'm serious.
I'm with you on that. Studs or conchos or whatever are not my style. That seat looks brand new, though.

Crobins365 said:
Interesting, this silence.
I'm sure it will sell soon, but my guess is some of the recent experiences by members here with the Mustang have tempered enthusiasm a mite.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
if you haven't been able to get rid of it in about a month i want dibs on it, I realy do want it, the timing is just horrible at the moment

·
Registered
37 Posts
oh its true we are out lurkin and look and we want that saddle but just happen to pop up just at that moment in time when your flat freakin broooooooooooooooook dam it. always seems to happen to me anyways.

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
oh its true we are out lurkin and look and we want that saddle but just happen to pop up just at that moment in time when your flat freakin broooooooooooooooook dam it. always seems to happen to me anyways.
Yeah i have missed out on seats, driver backrests, passenger backrest, and a few other things that were way below market value because of timing. You know if i had an extra 3 grand in my pocket i wouldnt be able to find anything good to save my life.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Much love but the lack of interest may also be due to the Saddleman seat only being $379 brand new. You can get them for $400 shipped and they look exactly the same as this seat...

·
Louder IS better!
289 Posts
are the saddleman seats still being made?

·
Late to the party
321 Posts
Late last year they were not making Saddlemen seats. I called there because they are still listed some places. Seemed that there was a lot of disinformation about, but not sure what was and what isn't. Anyway, I couldn't find one and settled on a Corbin. Glad it happened because I love my Corbin seat. Lowers you about an inch too as opposed to raising you an inch in the case of the Mustang. Don't know what the Saddlemen did as far as height. Corbin is the only one making an aftermarket seat as far as I know. Things change though and my info is getting close to being a year old now.

·
Registered
881 Posts
wow, lay off. this post is for her to sell it. well, anyway dont listen to these mustang bashers. its a great seat and looks great on the bike studs and all!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts