Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a lot of the posts on converting to MCCTs, but I am getting the TOC MCCTs next week. What I haven't seen is if there is anything involved in taking out the stock ACCTs. Do they come out in one piece?? Is there anything to watch for? Does the cap screw have to come off to take out the whole piece?
It would seem its just the two screws that hold the entire body on?
Am I right on this??

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
The short answer is yes, the ACCT comes out in one piece after you remove the cap screw nuts.

~~C8>

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I would take off the capscrew then insert a tiny flathead screwdriver and tur it clockwise to relieve tension on the acct, then remove the two nuts holding the body on and remove it all!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK.. i'm confused.. I am changing to the TOC MCCTs..so the stock ACCTs are coming off, Do i need to relieve the tension on the spring to remove those or not

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
OK.. i'm confused.. I am changing to the TOC MCCTs..so the stock ACCTs are coming off, Do i need to relieve the tension on the spring to remove those or not
It comes out as 1 piece. You have to bend a clip for the external fuel line on the left side ACCT, but it's easy. Just be gentle.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
NO! It is as simple as you know it is. Undo the two screws on each ACCT and remove. Follow the directions on the MCCT's and you will be done in 15 minutes. :smiley_th

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
you dont have to but it will take you literally 10 seconds to releive the tension, and that will make the mounting nuts spin right off once loosened and not put any stress on the threads. it will take you a whole 2 minutes to remove them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where can I find these MCCT's & the "TOC" that's mentioned I'm assuming is the best for the application?? Still new to the cruiser style bike and trying to find the best parts at the best prices.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts