Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup! it's November 29th, and outside it's 57 degrees and sunny! what a great day for a ride! we don't get to ride too much in November here in Cleveland. right now we should have about 2"-3" of snow and the temp. should be around 25-30 degrees. this is great now, but I just know we are going to pay for it later!

·
Calif Rider
725 Posts
Well here it was even better, close to 70 today. Did not have time to take a ride, was putting up Christmas decorations and trees on the inside of the house. Tomorrow should be the same will do a long ride for sure.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Weird, sunny and warm in California? I ain't buyin' it! :D

It was nice here too. A little windy but definitely nice for it being the end of November. I can't believe I was out in a t-shirt on Sunday afternoon. Gotta love that!

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Like Liberty it was a little breezy here in Jersey but not enough to stop me from jumpin' on the bike and getting out for a couple of hours. Gotta enjoy them while we can here in the northeast cause soon enough the snow will be flyin'.

R

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Yep, nice here too, got to stir the oil and top off the battery charge (+/-25mi) but not as much as I would have liked...
I did however discover that I am much uglier than I thought...
I went to turn around in a paved church yard and this big black dog came from a cross the road after me, (I do pack) so I just though now is a good time to kick your tail, so I put the kick stand down and got off, but when I took my helmet off he tucked his tail between his legs and headed for the house about a 1/4 min. off the road in a hard run, I must be real ugly to scare him that much...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...
Dang, I still miss "Clyde"...

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Dogs don't know much English, but read body language very well. He thought he'd try to bluff you, and when it didn't work, he headed for his home territory. Most dogs aren't willing to push the issue with someone who stands their ground. If you run away, they will chase you. That's probably what he figured all those bikers he chased before were doing. When you broke the pattern, it confused him.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
My theory is that with the helmet on and you on the bike you looked like one big weird thing to him. When you got off and took your helmet off he suddenly identified you as human and decided to back off. He prolly has good owners and is well trained.

Either that or you're ugly. :p Just kiddin' OD.

I was actually taught in the MSF to wait until the dog gets kinda close but not too close then pull away quickly. As dogs have the attention span of a grape, once you're down the road he'll be onto something else. Anyone else get 'attacking dog' training in the MSF?

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Yeah, they told us the same thing in our course.

OD, He probably saw the grip pokin' out from your holster and said "Nope, it just ain't worth it."

R

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, you know...you are what you eat!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
well, you know...you are what you eat!
Ha, ha, just glad he didn't try to eat up on me...
One of us would have had to have some relief...lol...

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
32 this morning and clear, finally. It was a nice crisp ride in to work! Tomorrow it is supposed to snow all day. Of course it won't stick to the ground, but it has been a while since our forecast was for snow all day. Crazy weather this year. I'll be in the truck tomorrow.

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I went to turn around in a paved church yard and this big black dog came from a cross the road after me, (I do pack) so I just though now is a good time to kick your tail
So... um.... you were going to shoot a dog? wtf?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well no, not unless it attacks me, and then only if I can't kick its tail...
It was a good sized dog, so you never know what you might have to do...
PS-BTW-I shot my 1st dog when I was only 10-11 years old, my own 9 mo. old Red Bone coon dog that was doing great+... About a week or so before, a mad dog had went through and my dog was on a wire and chain with a dog house at the end... Back then people didn't give their dogs rabies shots like they do now...
We didn't hear anything and there was no scars or sign of a fight till a couple or so days later, then a slash showed up on his shoulder (after it swelled up), then a bit later my dog had rabies (went mad) and I had to shoot him... I shot that dog 7 times between the eyes into the brain and he was still looking me in the eyes, I think I cried for about 2 weeks...
Also I have been bitten by a rabid dog and had to take rabies shots, 21 of them in the belly, in one side one day the other side the next day... Also a neighbor farmer about 2 miles from us had a horse bite him and he died of rabies in the hospital...So wtf...
There are only 3 kinds of dogs in my book anyway, workin, huntin, and sooners...

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
Hey OD,

What's a sooner (other than an Oklahoma fan)?

R

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Hey OD,
What's a sooner (other than an Oklahoma fan)? R
That is strictly Redneck talk, no Yankee would understand...:beerchug:...
OK, I'll try to explain, really its just a Redneck term for a sorry mangy good for nothin mixed breed dog that lays around house, and just as soon crap on the porch or in the house as out in the field...lol...

·
Ba dum dum, ching...
542 Posts
That is strictly Redneck talk, no Yankee would understand...:beerchug:...
OK, I'll try to explain, really its just a Redneck term for a sorry mangy good for nothin mixed breed dog that lays around house, and just as soon crap on the porch or in the house as out in the field...lol...
Oh you mean like my brother in-law. :p

R

1 - 20 of 24 Posts