Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys.. I hit a rock on the road and dented my rim. I just swaped out front wheels.. it's a used wheel, transfered the rotors and had a dealer mount and balance the tire. Now the brake is rubbin a bit.. if I jack it on the center stand and give it a spin I might get 2 revolutions. remove that caliper and it spins like normal.. slight intermittent pad rubbin on the other side. I straddled the tire and operated the brake while doing both bleeder valves, didn't see any air but it's not getting better. cutting it down to the wire, got a big ride tomorrow after work.. any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I would be guessin', but possibly things just need to get settled in some?

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
That's what I'm thinking Hyper. Light differences in the tolerances of one wheel to the other. Probably will work its self out with riding. Just like putting on new pads. They have to conform to the rotor a tiny bit to smooth out.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK.. thanks everyone.. that's kinda what was going through my head. But with a long ride coming up in 10 minutes I figured I would shoot it by everyone.. This site is great! I did the tie the handle back over night trick that I read.. Just checked it when I got home.. seems about the same.. I'll make sure I have enough fluid before I leave and hopefully everything will be OK during the ride.. Thanks again!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Should be fine. I know that pads and rotors could take a couple hundred miles to get configured with eachother. I am having this same issue now since I got the new calipers from Cindy. Just give it some time and miles and you'll notice they'll settle in together nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts