Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the floorboards I've got on my Vulcan 500, so I thought I'd see if I could adapt them to the 750. The left side was a piece of cake. All I had to do was drill out the hole in the mounting piece to 1/2" Diameter and in it went without any further changes necessary. The right side is a little more difficult, but not to bad if you have access to some square stock steel and a welder and drill press. Mainly, the right side just needs to be extended out further than the adapters that come with the floorboards so they will not interfere with the brake pedal. You will need some 7/8" square stock steel (solid) bar and cut it to 3 1/2" length. You will have to cut off the piece that comes on the adapter and grind it smooth so it can be welded on then you simply have to drill the hole and cut a 45 degree chamfer on the end so it can pivot up if you drag the "pegs" in a turn. I will post a photo of the left side installed before and after and the adapter that needs to be modified. I have access to the machine shop at my school so sometime in the next two weeks I will put this together and then when I get back home in a few weeks I'll mount it and add the photos. This does require some modifications to make it work, but I think the results will look and function well.

Attachments

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I like 'em! Nice job!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I got over to the machine shop at school last evening and fabricated a new mounting adapter. Left my camera back home so no pictures until this weekend. I'll have to prime and paint the adapter and then it should just drop in where the old footpeg used to be.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will take some pictures when I get home this weekend. Basically, I just took some solid square stock steel and cut a piece 3 1/2" long, milled it to the same thickness as the piece that was on the adapter then cut the old adapter off and welded the new longer piece in it's place. Then I drilled the hole in the same location as the original from the end using the original as a guide and then enlarged the hole to 15/32" so it will work with the 750's OE pin. I didn't bother milling the slot, it is only there so a spring can be inserted to push the assembly down, but I figure gravity will do that well enough with a floorboard that weighs several pounds. I've still got to grind the angle on the end so it can flip up if I get all crazy and drag the ground leaning to the right. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got in early and had some time to snap a few pics of the new (modified) adapter before i painted it. I'll still post some final pics of everything installed.

I did a trial fit up and everything seems to be okay. I'll post a few more pics in a second.

Attachments

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
They look great, but how do they feel? Just my opinion, but I would think that because of the way you sit on this bike, you would want them tilted up slightly in the front.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I really like the size and shape of these floorboards. They look great on your bike.
Are they a Kaw accessory for the Vulcan 500, or an aftermarket part? I can`t read the logo on the tread.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
These Floorboards came from H.A.C. Products http://www.hac-products.nl/product/26/19/driver-floorboard- Copy and paste if the link won't "click". They cost $245 delivered.
I would probably want these tilted up more if I were going to leave the seat as is, but I intend to raise it up a couple of inches and it should be just right then, that's how I did it on my Vulcan 500 and it is very comfortable. I have several bad disks in my lower back and I prefer a very upright sitting position, almost like you were sitting in a chair with both feet flat on the floor.

Here are a few shots I took as I assembled and installed them.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts