Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today being the beautiful day it was in wisconsin i decided to ride my bike. When i got to where i was going i stopped to back into my parking spot. As i put my foot down to shift into neutral to start walking it back I heard a loud snap and the bike cut off. I looked at my temp gauge thinking maybe it overheated or something. This is my first bike so i wasnt exactly sure what to think. Then i felt my clutch lever and realized it was moving freely. I knew then i snapped the cable. looking down i actually saw that the cable had snapped and the adjusting bolt had also snapped in half. The cable was rusty, but what would cause the bolt to snap. I looked and this seems to be an easy fix but was definetly not in my plan for today. It is an 85 vn700 so is there a good reputible source to get a replacement. Will the replacement just be the cable or all of the coverings and connections as well. Thanks for the help. Mick

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Should be the same cable for the 750 also.
check Ebay as alot of people are parting out bikes.
Also depending on what part of Wisconsin you are in Nielsons has alot of parts instock, they are in Grayslake Il.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here is a link to 23 cables available on ebay:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3872.m39.l1313&_nkw=vulcan+750+vn+clutch+cable&_sacat=

X2 to Ccspinner. Any vn700/750 clutch cable from 1985 to 2006 should be identical.

This one has the perch, a spare lever and the needed slack adjuster included.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Kawasaki-Vulcan-750-VN750-clutch-perch-cable-all-/150523287237?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230be316c5

Lube this one before installing it, to prevent a rusty cable in the future. :smiley_th

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys. I actually made a couple calls and ordered one from a shop near me for $17 bucks. Its going to be here tomorrow morning. Hopefully everything goes well and im back on the road tomorrow night.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just an update. got the clutch cable and its back on. The bike is running great now. My old cable must have been really worn out. I adjusted this one using the procedure the manual states and the clutch is alot more sensitive now. It grabs alot quicker now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts