Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been ask a million times. But I just bought a 95 vn750 and I knew it needed a stator the guy had started the mod. I got it finished the mod put a new stator and rrgit it together and still does not charge re test the stator is reads right. My question is does it matter what yellow wire goes where ? And what else could it be thanks in advance

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
If your stator is testing good then it points to the rectifier/regulator.

The 3 yellow wires have no specific order.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
and as long as your looking at a r/r replacement, many here go with a mosfet conversion. they are more effecient, and in many cases will even charge the battery at idle (assuming the stator is up to it).

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
and as long as your looking at a r/r replacement, many here go with a mosfet conversion. they are more effecient, and in many cases will even charge the battery at idle (assuming the stator is up to it).
110% agreed.

Some sources for rectifiers.

Model / Output / Source Bike
FH001 / 35A / FJR 1300
FH008EB / 40A / BR 600 RR
FH010BA / 50A / ZX-10R
FH012AA / 50A / FJR 1300, R1
FH012BA / 50A / ZX-14R, ZR1400, GTR1400
FH014AA / 50A / CBR 1000 RR
FH016AA / 40A / ZX-6R

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
battery can cause issues of all sorts.

even the voltage tests for the charging system assume a charged battery to begin with.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Yea that just hit me I had to jump it off so the battery was not charged
Yea make sure the battery has a fair charge before taking readings on your charging system. If it's older, may want to get it load tested to make sure it's not old and dying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
knock on wood i think that fixed it i charged the battery and idled it up where it was supposed to be and it runs better and battery is charging. Got to love finishing other peoples projects lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
If your stator is testing good then it points to the rectifier/regulator.

The 3 yellow wires have no specific order.
Ohh wow good advice.;)so now this guy will just test his r&r and not have to replace a stator.now we are getting it.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts