Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
After having my brakes lock up on me 3 times I decided to bleed and flush the system. The fluid looked clean but there was a lot of scum in the mc. I know I got some air in the system so I bled it at the mc and the bleeders multiple times. After bleeding I tied the handle back and left it overnight I am still having problems. I have to pump the brakes in order to build pressure. When I first added the fluid to the mc it seemed I had to pump forever just to get pressure enough to bleed. Now I am getting pressure after pumping a few times but if I hold them the pressure seems to die then I have to pump some more. Does this sound like a bleed problem or is it time to rebuild the mc and calipers. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Could the brake lines be getting old? Some times they will expand under pressure, giving the symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That could be part of the problem. I think I have decided that I will just take it to the shop and let them give the whole bike a check. I am a decent mechanic but this is my first bike and I think I would feel safer and ride more comfortable knowing everything was like it should be. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had the brake lockup happen to me too, then i bled etc and nothing, so i ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit, same thing, then i new brake lines , same thing.

no pressure at all, if i got any i lost it soon.

for me it ended up one bad caliper that wouldn't let me maintain any brake pressure, i'm currently running just one side of my brakes which is fine to get by until the new one arrives.

not sure if thats your problem, maybe it'll save you ordering a bunch of extra stuff that you don't need like i did.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Good Morning,
After having my brakes lock up on me 3 times I decided to bleed and flush the system. The fluid looked clean but there was a lot of scum in the mc. I know I got some air in the system so I bled it at the mc and the bleeders multiple times. After bleeding I tied the handle back and left it overnight I am still having problems. I have to pump the brakes in order to build pressure. When I first added the fluid to the mc it seemed I had to pump forever just to get pressure enough to bleed. Now I am getting pressure after pumping a few times but if I hold them the pressure seems to die then I have to pump some more. Does this sound like a bleed problem or is it time to rebuild the mc and calipers. Thanks in advance.
Time to rebuild mc and calipers IMHO.

Changing out the OEM hydralic brake hoses for Galfer SS brake lines is recommended too.
http://www.pashnit.com/product/galfer_lines_cruiser.html#top
VULCAN 750 86-05 p/n FK003D24-2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts