Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed progressive fork springs tonight after work. Wow what a difference. I should have done this a long time ago. I read on this site that this is one of the best improvements you can do to the VN 750 and let me tell you it’s true! Anyone that is hesitating doing this don’t it is worth every dime and the time invested. It was too late to get fork oil at any of the local bike dealers, and when I pulled out my springs the oil looked and smelled bad so I got some Amsol synthetic universal ATF at the auto parts store. I figured it’s got to be better then what was in the fork tubes. I changed the springs by putting the bike on the center stand and a floor jack under my engine guard. So after taking out the springs and draining the oil I just lowered the floor jack to compress the fork tubes into the sliders to remove all the oil and to get the proper measurement of the new oil. I cut my old spacers and put it all back together. This is an easy project that can be done with the simplest of tools. I highly suggest this upgrade to everyone with this bike.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
congrads and thanks for the info. my and ccspinner's springs are almost here, curious to see the difference

front is going to be first. thinking about getting a pair of progressive susp 412's for the back next. made a quick run with guys from CRR (ChicagoRussianRiders)to downtown chicago on tuesday. it was kinda gusty and the rear wheel felt like its not holding the road and about to take off. scared the sh...t out of me when passing big rigs. i have 1500 miles on tires so it must have been the shocks. i'll try it stiffer next time.

ohh, and let me tell you - downtown starbucks coffie tastes the same as in north suburbs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice you are looking at the 412's and that is what is mostly mentioned on this web site, but I was looking at Progressives web site and there are a lot more choices like 416, 418, & 440's in various sizes. Just wondering is it a cost thing or are the 412's the one to have, because to me it seems like the 440 IAS would be the cats ass.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
i guess i want 412 because they are kinda affordable.

thanks for the link. i dont expect the auction to end at this price though. also i would be very cautios about lowering the bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts