Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my regulator and it solved my over charging problems upon acceleration. I noticed a few weeks ago that everytime I'd accel or just rev the engine my volt meter would redline. I decided to let it sit for a week until the part arrived and the problem was solved upon installation. I would highly recommend anyone on here install a meter as I could have done major damage to my bike without knowing that my R/R had gone bad. (The bike was running great at the time) Thanks to all of you for your suggestions when I first posted my concerns. This site Rocks!!!:rockon:

·
Registered
796 Posts
How did you wire it in? Through the headlight or from the battery? Just wondering where I am going to pick one up soon to add to the bike. Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wired it through the aux. power and installed a toggle switch since I wasn't using it for anything else, a lot of guys go through the headlight though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went through the headlight when i installed mine last week. Either way works like a charm though. If you have any questions when your doing it, shoot me a PM if you want, it's still fresh in my mind for the most part, lol.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Through the headlight is the route I will do mine just because I don't want to mess with a toggle switch. Beside from what I have heard others say it doesn't change it much going through the head light.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I would rather have a guage type with numbers so I can see what I have for voltage.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like having the dial gauge personally, If you mount it well, it looks like it came from the factory that way, depending on what you buy. I keep meaning to take some pictures, I'll probably do it tonight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts