Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm doing the conversion and I'm noticing the only thing pressing on the mushroom head (with the circle clip and slotted piece) is the 6mm by 40 mm bolt, am I missing something? I assembled it out of the bike in a old housing I have and I can move it around in there, won't the movement of the chain (while the engine is running) cause this to rub constantly against the new bolt?

·
2,519 Posts
The chain doesn't rub against that, that mushroom pushes against the tensioners. The object is to put just enough pressure on the tensioner to make it quiet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mcct

I understand that part, what I'm wondering about is the other side of the mushroom piece, the side with the slot end, its just up against the 40 mm bolt that is screwed into the housing and you adjust. The two pieces aren't connected and it looks to me like they will move around as the cam chain is moving, wouldnt this cause small metal shavings to get into the engine? At least it seems to me that the end of the new bolt installed would get jacked up a little and not be able to be removed if needed. Like I said in my other post, I just got my bike running right, I don't want to do anything to it without fully understanding what I'm doing. Side note, I do hear the slapping sound which is why I'm trying this anyway. Thanks again to everyone for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Again I just recommend TOC manual tensioners if they are still available. I have evidence the work. 70,000 miles worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts