Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 2004 750 for almost 10 years, and it's now at 45K miles.

Never done anything too it other than normal maintenance, set of tires,local shop tuned up twice over that period, previous owner did mods for clutch and heat snk move.

Been thinking of moving on, but this bike has always been good too me and i obviously don't average a ton of seat time.

recently found a 2001 750 with 6K miles for 3000, but was also looking at vulcan s.

wouldn't mind another 750...

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Is there anything wrong with your '04? One forum member got 108k out of it before it died! I'd vote you ride it for another 45k! It doesn't owe you anything at this point.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I’d say keep the one you have and buy the other if you have the room for it. If you like the bike then it’s a investment in the parts at the very least. You’ll either have spares for yourself on hand or the opportunity to resell almost everything. “New” parts are getting more rare and more expensive.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
BLAST! I can't tell you how many times I have rolled that question over and over in my own head. lol

I sold my VN750 (that I had for 13yrs), last Nov.. I decided to move on. But, I have come across a few really nice and well priced VN750's. let me tell you something, it's tempting. very tempting, to pick up another one. but, I am still holding out for something else.
I too, like the Vulcan S. that is one sweet bike. I see them all the time at bike shops all over the place and it catches my eye every time! My wife says the same thing about it. It's wife approved. lol but, for me, and this is just me, I just can't bring myself to buy another motorcycle with chain drive. been there, done that. thanks, but no thanks.
the way I see your conundrum is, it's a win win. either way you go, you win. they are both good bikes and both will serve you well. sure, there maybe a few trade-offs, but, such is life. is it not?!

good luck to you and please keep us updated on what you decide to do.

·
2,521 Posts
BLAST! I can't tell you how many times I have rolled that question over and over in my own head. lol

I sold my VN750 (that I had for 13yrs), last Nov.. I decided to move on. But, I have come across a few really nice and well priced VN750's. let me tell you something, it's tempting. very tempting, to pick up another one. but, I am still holding out for something else.
I too, like the Vulcan S. that is one sweet bike. I see them all the time at bike shops all over the place and it catches my eye every time! My wife says the same thing about it. It's wife approved. lol but, for me, and this is just me, I just can't bring myself to buy another motorcycle with chain drive. been there, done that. thanks, but no thanks.
the way I see your conundrum is, it's a win win. either way you go, you win. they are both good bikes and both will serve you well. sure, there maybe a few trade-offs, but, such is life. is it not?!

good luck to you and please keep us updated on what you decide to do.
Are you going to buy mine? Only 9,300 miles, I'll have it running by next weekend.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I've had a 2004 750 for almost 10 years, and it's now at 45K miles.

Never done anything too it other than normal maintenance, set of tires,local shop tuned up twice over that period, previous owner did mods for clutch and heat snk move.

Been thinking of moving on, but this bike has always been good too me and i obviously don't average a ton of seat time.

recently found a 2001 750 with 6K miles for 3000, but was also looking at vulcan s.

wouldn't mind another 750...

Thoughts ?
May be I owned over 60 VN 750.
I love them and a collector. I have one in the eBay a very rare piece.
The auction is ending tomorrow.

please look it up.This is one of the best you will find in that price range.

eBay item #

I wanted to convert this into a trike. But my son wanted the trike for me in my 07 RT
You can call me 617 653 0588.

Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'd sell mine. It's a 2005 with tons of options/upgrades and only 7k miles. I just don't hardly ever ride it anymore. Always kept in a heated/AC garage. New battery and tires. Would be hard to find a nicer one. $3k. Click on my sig to see more details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts