Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to use a 5BL to start my VN just now. No issues at all. I wouldn't do it in anything but perfect weather, but it WILL start it no problem. :)

If you are ever stuck and need to pull your lawnmower or scooter battery, 5 amps will do it.

Reactions: Thorn

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: Gaz73

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
So it's just an AGM type battery? The digital readout would seem cool, if it wasn't on the battery.....given the trouble it takes to remove the seat on the Vulcan to look at it. Rather have the readout on the dash where I can see it while riding.

If size is an issue, I'd go with one if those "Li-Ion" batteries, they are smaller, lighter, and hold a charge longer...

·
I'm a rider
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have "thummers" on my seat for just twisting the butterflies to get the seat off. About as easy as putting the key in, so it's a non issue for me. The readout can be unscrewed however and just extend the wires to where you want it. I'd like to see it on my plate where it says kawasaki on the neck. It actually might even fit just right. Have to measure it. For the price, features, and the 18 month warranty, you can't beat the battery. I have a Yusa in my other bike I paid $80 for that didn't have the same wty and features so I was happy to find this one. I specifically chose this battery however based on the fact it tells if there are abrupt voltage changes or amperage issues and with the RR's in our bikes....... you know...

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
You have one kinky seat if you need to twist the butterflies to get it off;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts