Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. I was asked to start a New Thread so I can Chronicle the Steps of the Journey I/We will be Begining.

So here goes. I will start off with the Pictures of the Bike I bought.

It's 2002 Kawasaki 750 Vulcan. The Speed-ohm says 45,492 & 7/10s.
New Tires but looks like the Mufflers were removed. Well, I let the Pictures speak for themselves, A picture is worth a 1000 words and all.........

Hope they come through

Now to start counting the Pennies in the change Jar............

JaY

The journey continues:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10664

The journey ending:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11063

HomeMade Clutch Basket Holder - Kawasaki Vulcan 750 Forum

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10756

Bleeding Hydraulic Adjuster - Tech Tip
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10887

Reactions: FlaRider

·
D2u
175 Posts
Looks like alot of work! Enjoy getting to know your 750. Cant wait to see the after pic's. Have fun!:rockon:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Looks like a few bikes that have been in my garage! Definitely looks like fun - how do the valves look? Seems like if PO kept the engine covered, you might be in good shape; otherwise, you'll have a fun top-end job to do as well. :) Seriously, looks like a great project!

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
a couple things i noticed the air box has been removed ... you can only remove that with the engine out i dont see it in your box of parts however the stock airboxes and reedvalves are still connected to hoses... i got an air box if u want to goto stock but you might want to think about an earshave while your there... double check the jets in the carbs to see which ones are there.... i have stock jets and airbox if u want to goto stock... pull the front bevel gear case and start to drop the motor... looks like fun... keep us up to date...

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
it also apears the goats belly is still installed... behind the heat shields on the tail pipes is the big muffler ther should sit between the center stand and the frame....

oh yeah pretty heart........................

·
Registered
707 Posts
dropped on the right side at some point in time?? looks like a solid rebuild... good luck and deffinetly keep us posted

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Yeah, I think it's safe to say the muffler's have been removed.

And the little painted heart of the heart on the right side of the rear cylinder is very cute. Very artsy.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you get history of the bike? As to why he riped the engine apart? Looks like the PO might have started more than he wanted. Good luck if you run into problems I'm sure this forum is the place for the answers they have helped me plenty

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, Went and did a check over and called the HD Guy to see just what He did.

All He did was try a Compression test but the engine would't turn over. So He checked the water and oil and seen there was some mixture there. That was all.
He thinks sombody ran it without oil or water and froze something up.

I put a good battery in and He's right it won't turn over plus I can only click the shift lever once down. Then back to Netural. No up shifter click. Clicked the Shifter down but can't get the rear wheel to turn. Something must be locked up.

Found these wires draging on the ground, The 3 yellow ones are cut. I found where they should be.

I hate to look anymore..........But Looks like just pull the engine and go from there.

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
the 3 yellow wires look like stator wires... try to pull the front stator cover and see if u can turn the motor backwards i know we are probbably delaying the inevitable and maybe just pull and admire would be the best bet all though it would be nise to turn the motor and see the operations of the cams ect...

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pulled the cover but didn't see any way to turn the motor from there.
JaY

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Did you pull the left cover with the three screws? In the center is a 17mm crank bolt, normal rotation is counter clockwise. :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
that looks almost exactly like mine 6 weeks or two months ago,color and all except for that very artistic heart

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lance328:
There were threads where a big bolt could screw into but no bolt.
JaY

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Lance328:
There were threads where a big bolt could screw into but no bolt.
JaY
Apparently the engine has been out and partialy tore down then slapped back together. Looks like the harley mechanic bit off more than he could chew. I would seriously consider buying a good used engine. Depending on your mechanical ability and parts needed to repair it might be your best bet.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The HD Guy didn't pull or take apart anything.
Like He said " I have enough HDs here to work on and don't need to or have the time to work on any Rice Burners". It had to happen before the lady got it.

That's My Luck.....If somebody Crapped on it, I'll be the one that winds up with it. But then that makes Me who I am.....The One who fixes what others give-up on.

JaY

Apparently the engine has been out and partialy tore down then slapped back together. Looks like the harley mechanic bit off more than he could chew. I would seriously consider buying a good used engine. Depending on your mechanical ability and parts needed to repair it might be your best bet.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
The HD Guy didn't pull or take apart anything.
Like He said " I have enough HDs here to work on and don't need to or have the time to work on any Rice Burners". It had to happen before the lady got it.

That's My Luck.....If somebody Crapped on it, I'll be the one that winds up with it. But then that makes Me who I am.....The One who fixes what others give-up on.

JaY
That motor has been pulled, I can tell by the hose clamps, clutch cable routing and the wrench marks on the mount bolts. :doh:
Pull the motor and tear down and find out what happened then go from there.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts