Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would this be an optional battery for the vn750s...??? Reads pretty good...
http://www.shoraipower.com/default.aspx
It does list an 05 vn700 (LFX14L2-BS12) and I assume that is supposed to take in the vn750...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Would this be an optional battery for the vn750s...??? Reads pretty good...
http://www.shoraipower.com/default.aspx
It does list an 05 vn700 (LFX14L2-BS12) and I assume that is supposed to take in the vn750...
Looks like it should be a good thing,although kinda pricey,It appears to be a Lithium type battery,Did you see how light those things are? :wow:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, yeah Denny I did forget to mention under 2 lb. ... And also a 2 yr. warranty, I look for advancement in battery tech. to be made now that all this stuff is goin on with the elec. cars etc. ...

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
the light weight may end up saving you some gas and giving you more power! every little bit counts! also, 210 cca!

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Didn't list one for my VN1600. A lithium Ion battery is about the longest lasting available. Seeing more and more things with those batteries.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Didn't list one for my VN1600. A lithium Ion battery is about the longest lasting available. Seeing more and more things with those batteries.
I looked and they listed one for the 1500,but the N model has the five gallon tank and internal fuel pump.I read some where, maybe on Gadgets fixit page that they,(Internal fuel pump bikes) also had a bigger battery.this leaves me wondering if the battery listed is correct for the N model 1500.
Update: according to the Yuasa battery chart the D ,E .N and the 1600 are the same part # so that didn't help. Either They are both wrong or both right at this point I am just confused.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Cheap isn't always better. Personal experience with a cheap but short lived Chinese made battery.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Cheap isn't always better. Personal experience with a cheap but short lived Chinese made battery.
X2^^^

It is a bad thing to pay too much for something, but usually worse to pay too little.
The cheap item usually does not live up to expectations and must be replaced again at your cost. :( JM2CW

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, wasn't thinking cheap, thinking maybe a better alternative to what is available with the AGM, like 210CCA & less than 2# with a 2yr. warranty...
We know and use AGM batteries, but maybe there are better batteries being made with newer technology...

·
Super Moderator
11,933 Posts
The only issue that concerns me, and was talked about on another forum , was that lithium batteries can be very cold sensitive.

One of the reps for this battery (who was at the bike show) said he did not know how the batttery would perform in freezing temps...but that the person that asked him about it should buy one ....and report back to them on it.

Of course no one is going to spend 200 bucks for the thing in order to test it for them......... so the rep was politely told to go to hell...lol.

Way back in the 70's my roomate installed a solid chemical battery in his H2 that he got from some electronics company (guess it was an early NiCad?)
It was alot lighter than a standard wet cell, and seemed to work well on the bike. (Keep in mind there was no starter...you had to kick them over)

I guess I am going to take the position of their factory rep....one of you all buy one and report back on how well it works....especially in winter.

KM

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I looked and they listed one for the 1500,but the N model has the five gallon tank and internal fuel pump.I read some where, maybe on Gadgets fixit page that they,(Internal fuel pump bikes) also had a bigger battery.this leaves me wondering if the battery listed is correct for the N model 1500.
Update: according to the Yuasa battery chart the D ,E .N and the 1600 are the same part # so that didn't help. Either They are both wrong or both right at this point I am just confused.
I'm not in the market for a battery yet. I have started my bike twice since the snow and cold hit - one day it was about 10 degrees. Started just fine. Until I can get the bike put away, and put a battery tender on it, I'll have to start it once a week to keep it fresh.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I'm not in the market right now either,I was looking down the road a ways,my bike is almost 6 years old now .

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was just putting this info up as to bring it to others attention, I was not recommending a lithium battery for our scoots...
I do how ever have lithium batteries in my digital SLR & PBD cameras which have turned out very good, as well as in my cordless tools, and that was compared to other dry cell batteries, and was not compared to wet cell batteries...
Like most things new, I think we should wait till it is proved out, I don't plan on spending $150 on something I know nothing about either, just something to keep an eye on...
As I said, I was just making others aware of the fact that they were out there...

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Great heads up Old Dog! I'm glad to know there is another alternative to the wet cell batteries... in my case, I'd buy it if I had the money... I don't have to worry about freezing temps where I live :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts