Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Do you plan on attending any of these rides/events ?

• End of Americade, ride to Laconia ?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Just Americade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Laconia

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KC asked me to put this up...and will probably be the first of many....
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The first major rally rides for the season are Laconia NH and Americade,Lake George NY

The ride from Lake George to Laconia is about 160+ miles (roughly 3.5 hours).

These are back to back events, Americade being first. Thoughts were to hit Americade at the end, then run to Laconia for the beginning. Or, as individual rides.

-----------------------------------------------------
Americade June 1 thru June 8 http://www.americade.com/

Laconia Bike week 90th Anniversary: June 8-16, 2013 http://www.laconiamcweek.com/

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Personally, Im probably gonna hit George for the last 2 days, then run over to Laconia for another 2. Im leaning towards Laconia though...been a long time since I been there, and this is an aniversary, so you know its gonna be good....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,092 Posts
too early to tell,wanna try Laconia.will have to see

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
....done....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Told ya bro...pop a link for it into the Belly....Mike A may go....

I gotta mail you and Merc btw....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I am a bit surprised at the lack of response on these events.
Americade starts next weekend on the 1st of June, and Laconia starts the next weekend after that on the 8th.

I still plan on going to Americade ...even if I am the ony VN750 there....

Once I get there, I really won't have access to the forum, so the plan was to set a meeting point/date/time ahead of time so members can meet and greet each other.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I am not familiar with/need to research these named events for the dates and locations.
:smiley_th

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I bet you will not be the only 750 there. I personally am not surprised at the lack of response.

I saw the same thing in the atv forum I belonged to, the truck forum and all the bike forums I am a part of.

You meet a few great local people and every now and again meet some others.

I think it has to do with commitment, people do not want to 'commit' because then they get yelled at if something does come up, so they just opt out.

Just my 2 cents, my thoughts...

kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
BTW this poll is closed..... maybe it should be re-opened for more votes.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Poll is open again....I should have kept it up until the event date....my bad....

Long as my bike is running, I plan on going to both....should know by the weekend....

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Poll is open again....I should have kept it up until the event date....my bad....

Long as my bike is running, I plan on going to both....should know by the weekend....
Laconia I believe is New Hampshire, what are the dates ?

:smiley_th +1

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right in post #9.....

Americade starts next weekend on the 1st of June, and Laconia starts the next weekend after that on the 8th.

They overlap by one day, and each lasts one week.

Im honestly more interested in Laconia than Americade, but figured Id catch the end of one, start of the second....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like Americade is out, and Laconia is in for me, KC and his Mrs...more than fine by me....we may pop in quick to Americade on Sat. but will be on our way to Laconia very early Sunday...its the place to be...hope to see a few of you at either...

I may return for the final weekend to with a few 81 friends...depending on my finances...theyre goin Thurs/Fri/Sat I think...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
well....I had planned this trip a while ago and am commited to it now...and I have to say I am dissapointed that there was so little response.

I will be heading up to the Albany NY area Saturday (in the rain prolly) and if the weather is decent, I plan on visiting the Lake George area to see what is going on at Americade on Saturday afternoon.

If anyone wants to meet up for a beer or a ride, let me know.

Sunday is the ride over to Lakonia NH. If anyone is in that area and wants to meet up, let me or Wolfie know since he will be riding with me.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Plans pretty much confirmed...we will be at Americade Sat afternoon prolly between say 1pm and ????....Sun morn heading to NH for the day and early eve, and depending, mebbe until Mon morn....playin it by ear with the weather, but this old "caine" seems to have moved faster than anticipated....should be 2-3 good days....sunny and high 70's in Laconia....
Depending on how things go, and how my bike is running, I may stay an extra day...been quite a few cancels for lodging due to the storm...but then, KC's my brother....I rode up with him, I'll more than likely ride back with him...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
safe travels although you may have already left

kenny

1 - 20 of 21 Posts