Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one planning on attending this year? I am planning to go up for the week end.

Americade is June 4th-9th, at Lake George NY

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
The way for me to do this would be to ride the Blue Ridge Pkwy, and then Skyline Drive on the way up there.

This would of course be one heck of a trip.....:)...:)...:)

With the demise of the Honda Hoot, the Americade rally is (to my knowledge) the last of its kind left in the eastern US.

Daytona Beach, Myrtle Beach, Laconia and Sturgis are primarily for a different crowd.

What sort of temp conditions can we expect during this rally?....:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
I'm planning on being there. I'm riding there with a group of 5-7 bikes. Nice 5 hour ride.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JM, are you passing through Watertown or A-Bay on your way up?

Hawk, Temps should be high 70's low 80's during the day, 40's and 50's at night.

From what I hear there is plenty of riding to be done up there at Lake George. I know that Rout 3 from Watertown to Star Lake is one heck of a ride. and if the rest of the roads are half as good as that one.. then its going to be one fun week end.

Americade is starting to become more like Sturgis, but thankfully it is still
mostly about the ride itself and less about the bike. Americade started out being a Wing event, but has started branching out to any bike set up for mild touring.

Check out www.Americade.com for more information andpreregistration.
PS i am no way affiliated with anything going on at Americade, just looking for more fellow vulcaneers to ride with.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
JM, are you passing through Watertown or A-Bay on your way up?

Hawk, Temps should be high 70's low 80's during the day, 40's and 50's at night.

From what I hear there is plenty of riding to be done up there at Lake George. I know that Rout 3 from Watertown to Star Lake is one heck of a ride. and if the rest of the roads are half as good as that one.. then its going to be one fun week end.

Americade is starting to become more like Sturgis, but thankfully it is still
mostly about the ride itself and less about the bike. Americade started out being a Wing event, but has started branching out to any bike set up for mild touring.

Check out www.Americade.com for more information andpreregistration.
PS i am no way affiliated with anything going on at Americade, just looking for more fellow vulcaneers to ride with.
Slim,
We could take route 104 out of Rochester, then route 3 along the lake to Watertown, hook up,then route 3 to route 73 to route 9 into Lake George. The whole area is fantastic riding. We can make arrangements sometime in May. :beerchug:

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
Any one planning on attending this year? I am planning to go up for the week end.

Americade is June 4th-9th, at Lake George NY
blast! that's right in the middle of Ohio Bike Week!

I've talked to another member on here about Lake George NY., He lived around there at on time. he said it was really nice there.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
blast! that's right in the middle of Ohio Bike Week!

I've talked to another member on here about Lake George NY., He lived around there at on time. he said it was really nice there.
Here's a link. Click on arrow on the right, then click on the Lake George helicopter. All the other areas are within 2-3 hours ride from Lake George. Slim is in Watertown. Great scenery and roads.
http://visitadirondacks.com/first-time-visitors/aerial-tour.html

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Wouldn't miss it! I go every year. The weekend is pretty crazy, Tuesday - Friday is calmer. You'll know it's my 750 Vulcan when you see it.

-Sloppy

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,732 Posts
hey Lake George, NY. is only a 8hr ride from me! not too bad. lol

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet Ruger... sloppy, are you there for the whole week, or just the week end? i might be able to make it Thursday night through the end of the event, but i won't know until may... i will be there Friday night till the end for sure.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
I'd love to go! Four hour ride, let me see if it's in the stars closer to the date...
Liberty,
This may be a great group ride if we can set that up. Four hours from your part of Jersey? That dosen't sound bad at all. Five or six riders could be a great group size for a ride like that. I also would have to wait a bit before making a commitment to the whole thing.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Long as I can get my cam chain timing fixed by then, Im in. I lived/worked in the deep Adirondacks for a number of years (logging) in Gabriels, NY (late 70's). I know some sweet loops in/outta George.
You can head up north and take 73 over thru Keene Valley and Placid (nice twisties and a view of the High Peaks, Then Rt 2 to Tupper Lake, then 30 down to Great Sacandaga Lake, then back to George. I'll need to save up some cash, and get a tent...but I should make it. Bolton Landing at George is cool too. Nice campground at the lake, and not that far from the village.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Too cool Slim !!! :smiley_th I think I got my chain right now...slapped it back together today and made a 20mile run...lil exhaust pop sometimes from the front cyl on decel, but no biggie. Gonna save up now for gas/food/campground, and looks like I'll make it...hopefully I can hook up with some of the boys from around here to make the ride. :beerchug:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sweet... when it gets closer to crunch time, we need to swap numbers so we can mete up... my wife and daughter are really looking forward to going this year. I hope my bike will be ready by then too.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,197 Posts
wish my wing was finished.need a water pump.been too busy enjoying my vulcan to fix her,though.i know you guys can understand that.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Slim, your going to trailer your bike then?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts