Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See, I waited too long. I have the meanie and the 750 is parked right next to her in the garage. As she sits there, the bank account is slowly but surely healing. Now I'm wondering if I have to sell the VN750.

What is there to do with 2 bikes as I'm only one rider? What's the benefit of having 2 bikes opposed to just one?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I want several bikes...I currently have the 750 which if I got a couple more bikes would turn into a chopped bobber, I want a Vintage touring bike like a GL1000, and a good 2 up rider like the VN1500/1600 Drifter. the drifter would be my week end cruiser, while the GL would be used for long rides. these three would be MY bikes, I am also looking for a VN900 meanie for the wife and a honda rebel for my stepdaughter...yes my stable will be full, but there will be a bike for every ocasion... ohh and i forgot one a 1949 Indian Chief....yea i know the last one probably never will happen, but i can dream...hehehe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Give it a little time. If you find yourself riding the meanie most of the time, then I would say, yeah, sell it. My friend has three, and he rides every one of them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Always good to have a spare. Never know when one will decide they need worked on and then you will still have a ride.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
You'll find one will fit your riding mood more on any given day. Choices are good!

·
Registered
668 Posts
why do we have more than one pair of shoes, sometimes we like to run, walk, dance...etc!!
I wish i had more bikes......don't sell it man ;)

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All very good points and that's what I was afraid of. So I take it I'm not going to get any people for selling her huh?

Alas, I probably just wanted some affirmation for what I was prolly going to do anyway. Unless there are any nay sayers? Anyone? Going once...

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Being in the exact same boat I will be in as soon as I finish my vn750, I can tell you my plan. I am going to list the vn750 for sale locally (craigslist, etc.) at a price I want to get for it. Then I will just wait until that price or something very close to it comes around. I have no reason to drop my price as there is no pressure what so ever to sell.

It will be a very good bike for someone. The local Kaw dealer tells me they have people asking all the time if they have any used vn750's. Sought after machines. And with virtually every part on mine being new.......

Jon

·
Super Moderator
11,994 Posts
All very good points and that's what I was afraid of. So I take it I'm not going to get any people for selling her huh?Alas, I probably just wanted some affirmation for what I was prolly going to do anyway. Unless there are any nay sayers? Anyone? Going once...

Well I say sell it. If you find you are not riding it and always seem to take the Meanie, why let it sit ....find it a good home where someone will take care of it and cherish it as much as you did.

When I got my FJR I kept my Vulcan. But it soon became apparent that given the choice on any given day, I would take the FJR and not the Vulcan.

I did not want it to sit in the garage and become a "problem bike" like so many do from sitting too long...so I placed and ad in the paper and sold it for exactly what I asked for within two weeks.

The extra cash ended up paying for a new jacket, my Zumo 550 GPS, and some mesh pants...with money left to bank.

The new owner got the bike he wanted (it would be his only bikie) and I knew the old girl would be cared for.

If I was rich....I would like to have a few bikes, but I would not pick simular styles...a nice touring bike (My current FJR would fit that spot) , a dirtbike or one of those "adventure" bikes like a Verseys , a hot sport bike like an R6 and maybe one of those Can Am Spyders.

But I aint got the money for all that along with the space to keep them, nor the funds to keep them all insured. So I picked the one bike of "my dreams" I could afford and am pretty happy with that.

So sell the 750 and use the money to take a trip or buy some cool accessories.

KM

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't realize it until I went to sell her but I have a pretty good thing here. She's in great shape inside and out, has tons of aftermarket upgrades, is good for beginners and the experienced, and has all the proper paperwork. That's a pretty rare find on Craig's or ebay. Since I have all the time in the world too (thanks Jon), I can wait until someone will pay what I want. I'm gonna mull this over with a few neighborhood folks and my twin, they have alot of experience with this stuff.

Thanks for all the opinions and the perspective. Wow, I gotta lot a thinkin' to do...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Mincing no words: I've been riding for 41 years and if I had the room, I WISH I would have kept every bike I've ever owned. If you sell her, you may be regretting it in the future. My bikes are more than steel and parts to me, sounds like your VN is a part of you too.

My stable includes my VN for fun, sport, and some touring. A GL500 for long rides/trips with plenty of storage space. Vintage XS650 for town and shows, and soon to have on the road a Ninja 750 and or a Yamaha FZ600 crotch rocket with the Pops Yoshimura street kit.

I'm still kicking myself for selling my collection of Kawa Triples (totally tricked 350 and 500's) 30 years ago.

DT

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was in your same position. I kept both bikes for 3 years and ended up selling the Meanie. I have never once regretted my decision.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts