Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid me, I parked in neutral. Veronica rolled forward off the kickstand and over into her side!

It snapped the clutch lever and repositioned the mirror, but was otherwise undamaged!

Fortunately there was enough lever left for 2 fingers so I was able to get home just fine.

Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle tire Bicycle Motor vehicle

Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle frame Automotive tire Tire

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Stupid me, I parked in neutral...
Sorry to hear that, bud.
When I first got mine, I had something similar happen. Actually, I didn't have the kickstand fully out. Same exact break at the exact same point. I haven't replaced it yet, but I did remove it and took the Dremel to it and rounded it off and then polished it back up. Now, I actually like the look of it better. It's really an unnecessary appendage on the clutch lever, but it does make the front brake lever safer.

JB-Weld, my man. That stuff is miraculous.

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Steering wheel Vehicle door

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to hear that, bud.
When I first got mine, I had something similar happen. Actually, I didn't have the kickstand fully out. Same exact break at the exact same point. I haven't replaced it yet, but I did remove it and took the Dremel to it and rounded it off and then polished it back up. Now, I actually like the look of it better. It's really an unnecessary appendage on the clutch lever, but it does make the front brake lever safer.

JB-Weld, my man. That stuff is miraculous.

View attachment 54479
Hey man, what grips are those?

·
Super Moderator
12,275 Posts
I usually park in neutral, but try to park headed uphill. On a flat lot I’ll put it in first and roll it until it “catches” before leaning it on the stand.

I worry about a car bumping it forward (which did happen to me once) which will push it right off the stand. I thought about drilling a hole through the stand so I could insert a pin to lock it in the extended position. 😉

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Stupid me, I parked in neutral. Veronica rolled forward off the kickstand and over into her side!

It snapped the clutch lever and repositioned the mirror, but was otherwise undamaged!

Fortunately there was enough lever left for 2 fingers so I was able to get home just fine.

View attachment 54477
View attachment 54478
Don't feel too bad, because I think I can top this.

Rolled up to the auto parts store, a dozen things on my mind, rushing to finish the brake job on my pickup. Weather was super hot and I figured to take my helmet off while dashing for the door and the AC inside.

Jumped off the bike, grabbed the chin strap, and headed for the door. Split second later I made an air grab but it was too late. In my rush, I failed to put the kickstand down and gravity did it's thing.

Perfect excuse to get the chrome wide levers from eBay for cheap. They do feel good on my old fingers.

I'll try to edit in a pic later, $12 well spent.

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Don't feel too bad, because I think I can top this.

Rolled up to the auto parts store, a dozen things on my mind, rushing to finish the brake job on my pickup. Weather was super hot and I figured to take my helmet off while dashing for the door and the AC inside.

Jumped off the bike, grabbed the chin strap, and headed for the door. Split second later I made an air grab but it was too late. In my rush, I failed to put the kickstand down and gravity did it's thing.

Perfect excuse to get the chrome wide levers from eBay for cheap. They do feel good on my old fingers.

I'll try to edit in a pic later, $12 well spent.
Twelve bucks, you say? Definitely wanna see that pic now...

·
Registered
10,065 Posts

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I parked the bike too close to the end of a concrete walkway once and the edge of the stand landed on grass and I didn’t notice. As soon as I started to walk away the bike dropped! I let out the obligatory “OH WTF!” and went to pick the bike up. At this point mentally my head it already up my a$$ so like a meathead I lift the bike up a little too much an it goes right over the other way! My pride and gas were all over the pavement.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, they're $28 now and Emgo instead of Kuryakyn, but they look identical.
Do the Emgo ones look identical to the OEM ones or will I need to get a brake lever to match?

I was looking in the Emgo catalog for levers.
On page 151, it lists 30-54604 for a clutch lever model years 94-06 and 30-54723 for a brake lever all years.
On page 156, it lists 30-71644 as a wide blade clutch lever model years 92-06 but no brake lever.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Do the Emgo ones look identical to the OEM ones or will I need to get a brake lever to match?

I was looking in the Emgo catalog for levers.
On page 151, it lists 30-54604 for a clutch lever model years 94-06 and 30-54723 for a brake lever all years.
On page 156, it lists 30-71644 as a wide blade clutch lever model years 92-06 but no brake lever.
Now that you mentioned that, those Emgo listings above are clutch lever only. And the search I linked has very few listings that are actually vn750. Not sure if those other bikes interchange or not.

Totally had my head up my butt this morning, good thing I wasn't on the bike today, might've pulled another Mr Bean.

No, the wide levers have a much different profile than the stockers. They're smoother and not so blocky.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wow, you keep your bike CLEAN. Can you teach me, please? 🙂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts