Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
As my project on making things work on my 2006 VN750 continues, I wanted to share with you this idea!
I am sure people have done this with that or with a different way, but I felt like sharing my thoughts and results.
So….while I was looking to find a luggage rack to fit the bike, I saw a few times this simple rack and a few other models.
looking for the original OEM product made me a little mad because not only it’s hard to find, but also it’s crazy overpriced…and slightly uglier…
I was thinking what if I can make cheap some brackets…and how? I had the choice of course to go pay someone to make (cut and weld) a custom rack but that would be way more expensive .
after a bit of thought, I bought that metal piece for making racks, some bolts and this luggage that I found on eBay, brand new for $32.
I measured the inside of our sissy bar and all the new ones were larger by at least 2-3 inches. So I bought this one that has inside diameter about 9-1/4. So if I had to add 1.5” on each side I could have this results.
So, I did this patent and it turned out actually a little better than I thought and with less than $50 total cost. It doesn’t look ugly and it’s solid.
You could use slightly thicker on the metal bracket’s thickness too, but this is great and can stand a lot of pounds! I just needed it for luggage bags etc either way.
I hope it helps! :)

Wood Asphalt Road surface Grass Rectangle

Automotive tire Bag Sleeve Grey Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Do you still have a link to that rack? I have the OEM rack on the bike but it’s been repaired from cracking twice. I’d like to have a backup plan if it breaks again and this looks like a good alternative. Any other work I’ve seen has required more metal fabrication than I’m equipped to handle.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
7,058 Posts
Do you still have a link to that rack? I have the OEM rack on the bike but it’s been repaired from cracking twice. I’d like to have a backup plan if it breaks again and this looks like a good alternative. Any other work I’ve seen has required more metal fabrication than I’m equipped to handle.
not the same, but close and cheaper.

Chrome sissy bar luggage rack round | eBay

or check this out....

Motorcycle Sissy Bar Luggage Rack For Yamaha V-Star 400 650 1100 Classic 98-11 | eBay

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s exactly the one……!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts