Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the course of removing my stock exhaust multiple times for maintenance or repairs, the pipe gaskets have literally fallen apart. I got sticker shock when the online parts house I normally order from wanted over $12 each.

Is there a cheaper alternative that would work as well or do I just need to bite the bullet?

John

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
From what I've read, you can use either Kawa and HD exhaust gaskets, but forum members have noted that the Kawa gaskets are better, even on HDs!

I used RonAyers.com recently and paid $4.44 per gasket, totaling $8.88 + shipping.

Kawasaki Part # 11060-1119

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
The Harley crush gasket that fits our bike is a Screamin' Eagle® Performance Exhaust Gasket Kit #17048-98.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you talking about the header gasket that fits against the cylinder, or the gaskets that between the header pipe and goats belly and muffler?
My apologies, I should have been more clear. I am referencing the 4 gaskets between the GB and the exhaust pipes/mufflers. They remind me of pieces of cardboard tubing, though I'm sure they're made of heat resistant material.

John

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Those are more expensive .I got some exhaust tape with a kit I bought to bypass the GB ,it sucks.I would look on the sites the previous posters linked to and search for the factory style ,I think this is one occasion you can't beat the OEM type,just shop around and see if you can find it cheaper.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Harley has the header pipe to muff gaskets too, cheaper than Kawi. I got em for $2 each. Gotta reference Evo pipes though. Same size as ours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts