Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
For details about the phony out of gas behavior, look up POOGS on the forum, I’ve only had this happen once, but it happened traveling 65mph in traffic with Semi’s. If that don’t make you pucker up than nothing will! Lol. I just make sure I always fill up. When this happened I was getting close to a quarter tank left.

·
Registered
10,059 Posts
Say, Spockster, since you seem to be the resident curator around these parts, here's a question: How do I check to make sure the radiator fans work? Thanks in advance!
Connect a jumper wire to ground and touch it to the single wire (black yellow) on the fan switch, fan should run, with the key off.

Let it idle until the temp gauge reads beyond the middle, the fan should kick on. If it starts getting hot with no fan, shut it down and it will need a fan switch.

·
Super Moderator
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Connect a jumper wire to ground and touch it to the single wire (black yellow) on the fan switch, fan should run, with the key off.

Let it idle until the temp gauge reads beyond the middle, the fan should kick on. If it starts getting hot with no fan, shut it down and it will need a fan switch.
You're my hero, thanks!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts