Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Is the cylinder had gasket available?
Are you talking part number 11004-1135? These are one time use only, as they are permanently deformed upon installation.
https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50a69d07f870021678c6461b/cylinder-head

If you are talking part number 11009-1508, then yes. I have two that I bought new as part of the rebuild. They have been installed, but are reusable.
https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/a/kaw/50a69d07f870021678c6461c/cylinder-head-cover

·
Registered
7,730 Posts
Hey Jason, how about the centerstand?

... still need to check for other parts, but just remembered bending my centerstand when I went down. It makes it kinda wonky standing it up and the bike leans.

It's in great shape. Perhaps a touch of surface rust, but no pitting/bending/scratches etc.
I probably ought to remove the engine before I take off the center stand, or that'll be a tough job later on!

Shoot me a PM with a price.
I thought of that after I posted, I'm no rush since I'm doubting I'll get to ride this year. Wait until you get enough parts removed and then let me know.

If by some fluke of modern medicine I'm able to ride, the bent centerstand won't stop me.

I'd reuse those head gaskets in a pinch. I have before. If they aren't really seasoned, should be ok. Might be hard to find those, not sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found a mechanic that will work on my bike but I need to buy the parts. I'm the one with the oil leak. The oil is leaking behind the rad, so based on the positioning of the leak I think its 11004-1135.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Short story, my 1989 VN750 dropped a valve into the front cylinder and is now dead.

The front cylinder and front cylinder head is trashed (though the intake cam is in great shape).

I have since replaced it with a 2005 VN750.

Is there any parts anyone is looking for?

It does have some road rash on the left side on a few parts.

It was running well prior to this with no major issues beyond a coolant leak. It had 27k miles on it.

Splines are in good shape. It does have a windshield.

Front and rear intake cams are in great shape.

Rear piston and cylinder are clean with a fresh re-hone and new rings (< 20 miles).

Clutch basket was drilled.

I have a rectifier relocation bracket.

No electrical issues (beyond having replaced the rectifier).

All switches/relays work.

It has an intact and removed surge tank.

K&N filters for ears.

2 year old clutch cable.

All lighting/gauges/sensors work.

New engine mount dampers, as well as internal engine dampers.

New exhaust gaskets.

Full stock exhaust minus right side head shield.

No tears in the seat.

Rust free dent free gas tank and fenders.

Clean carburetors.

New Petcock.

I'll pull off and ship whatever someone is looking for.

I'd like the whole bike gone by the end of the year.

Only thing I plan to keep at this time is the inner stator cover, the rectifier and the tires.

I'll be swapping the tires with my new bike, so it will have tires. Just tires from 2009 with some age cracking.

Make me an offer for the whole bike (minus the parts above).

I had the engine apart (without splitting crank case) over the winter, so I can provide pictures of some of the internals.
Would you by chance still have the carbs and the carb boots? And if so how much would you want for them?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I still have the carbs (rebuilt 2 years ago, jetted 40/140 for an earshave), and the upper and lower carb boots. Do you need both the upper and lower boots? What about the boot clamps? Fuel or vacuum hoses? Throttle/choke cables? I don't have the stock jets anymore, only the 40/140 jets.

Let me know, and I'll PM a price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I still have the carbs (rebuilt 2 years ago, jetted 40/140 for an earshave), and the upper and lower carb boots. Do you need both the upper and lower boots? What about the boot clamps? Fuel or vacuum hoses? Throttle/choke cables? I don't have the stock jets anymore, only the 40/140 jets.

Let me know, and I'll PM a price.
Id need it all really, the fire did the ear shave for me im not really sure what all i need. Shoot me a pm and ill try and buy it from ya.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I have created a Google Sheets document with a parts list and my price (or best offer). Not every part is listed. If you don't see it, please ask! Buyer pays actual shipping costs.

Do you have saddle bags for sale? Also what seat was on it? And is the air filters for sale?
I do not have saddle bags for sale. The seat is factory original in great shape. Are you looking for OEM style filters or POD filters, or the filter holders (ears)? The OEM filters are in bad shape and therefore not for sale. I have two POD filters, as the bike had an ear shave. The left one has a mark in it from where it rubbed on the gas tank, but they are otherwise in good shape. I also have both ears. The left one has road rash, but the right one is in good shape. Both of them have some sun fading on the black plastic.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here are a few pictures of the tank. The first 3 are before the paint wrinkle happened. The last two show the wrinkling. The wrinkling only happened with the blue paint. The whole tank has a 2 part clear coat, so it won't cloud or degrade when exposed to drips of gas.

The badge on the right side now has a small piece missing. They are badges from a Vulcan 900 that I bought from Amazon for $30 or so. It caught on my jeans as I was getting off.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You still have the bottom end of that engine? I may need some parts from it.
I do! To my knowledge, the bottom end is fine. In full disclosure, given that the valve broke off in the front cylinder and seized the engine, I would not trust the front connecting rod or crankshaft without thorough inspection.

Are you interested in purchasing the whole block, or would you want me to remove the cylinders, pistons etc, or just remove the parts that you would need?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Id need it all really, the fire did the ear shave for me im not really sure what all i need. Shoot me a pm and ill try and buy it from ya.

Did you see my pm?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts